Thread: iPhoto question.

Default iPhoto question.

My wife uses an intel iMac at work with Leopard from the factory (updated to snow leopard) and had been using rosetta to run the iPhoto from her old power PC iMac. When she got to work a few weeks ago the IT had downloaded Lion. She took new pictures of the grand kids for her desktop folder. Long story short; The only iPhoto on the computer is the power PC application. Since Lion does not read Power PC aps, can anyone tell me how she can get iPhoto that is Lion compatible? I am running 10.6.8 on my MacBook and know very little about Lion. I spent some time this evening on Apple's downloads and all Mac downloads I see are updates for iPhoto. (I saw iPhoto for Windows). The IT department tells her they have "no idea" where the original install discs are.
    Thanks

You can buy iPhoto '11 ( currently at 9.2.3) in the Mac App store from any machine running 10.6.8 or later. The trick is to buy it from within the App Store (new......in the application folder). $15 and it is yours.

This should get you there: http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Yup, have to buy it or iLife.

Also, you cannot take an iPhoto library from Snow Leopard or Lion and move it too a Mac running an earlier OS. The data is different for each OS.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Right. Easy to move forward.........not back.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin