Thread: I screwed up my mail - now how to get it back

Red face I screwed up my mail - now how to get it back

I'm running 10.7.3 now. Tonight for some reason I thought I was deleting email addresses connected to the iCloud stuff ... then realized my regular e-mail and MacGuru's was all gone bye, bye not a thing. damnn, but it's SuperDuper backed up and TimeMachine. But what's easiest, best?

I reset my bresnan account by adding it back see below - where I deleted them to start. I lost some old email but it's still around here I know. I could do that with Gurus easy but the name rwm or rwm ... at ... macgurus won't work with my password.

I have a FW backup that boots great but can't get it to pull or push the settings on this iMac.

Thumbs up SuperDuper seemed to work.

Well this was my first thought. Since I hate screwing with email accounts at times... I booted to yesterdays SD backup and since I've been gone all day very little has changed if any and I kept that.

So I had SuperDuper copy from my Burly back to my iMac's primary drive. All seems well.

Thumbs up

Nice!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Backups are good....

R
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Backups are for cissies... live life on the edge... then commit suicide when it all goes horribly wrong!