Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kernal Error

Was that supposed to be a link to a page, or an email address. Having used a Fluke, I was hoping for something juicy or exciting.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

hello Matt,
    Fluke is a software developer.. IT software.
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Talking

Interesting how discussion on kernels moves ever so quickly to philosophy on plagues of human race, and finally, via a rather straightforward path, to cutting up dead horses with a knife.

MacLoon: I am one of those who has no idea what he is doing, but does it anyway, and yes, if not broken then find ways to break it, and if sucessfull, see if I can reproduce the process. I was deligthed once when I stumbled on a trick to make kernel panic at will: just boot from the wrong CD. What a relief! To see the kernel panic alert in multiple languages and NOT get worried at all!

Almost as much fun as shooting a dead horse……..again.
    marrand

Kernel panics and dead horses are so very similar... other than the smell.

I love your KP description marrand. Worth the whole thread just to get there.

R
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Macaholic View Post
    hello Matt,
    Fluke is a software developer.. IT software.
    Aha......

Fluke is also a kick butt IT network cabling tester. I wonder if they ever hang out together and talk all nerdy?
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Had another nice one today. Customer brought in a G5 20" iMac with artefacts jumping all over the screen and shutting down.
    Quite funny after the events of the last week... especially when I got a kernel panic after half an hour of messing about.
    Nothing to do with graphics of course, turned out to be a dodgy stick of ram. Customer very happy as a couple of other people had told him to chuck it in the bin and buy a new one!
    Got to love those cute little KPs.

Yes Uncle,
    sorry it was not a fluke like you thought !!!

Wink

kernal Sanders? or kernal corn !