Thread: Trashed Oxford 912 Bridge-Board Firmware

Question Trashed Oxford 912 Bridge-Board Firmware

My problem is as follows:

Due to an embarrassing faux pas - completely my own fault - I have inadvertently rendered an external FW 400/800 drive enclosure useless, by trashing the firmware of its Oxford 912 bridge-board.

The good news: 1. I have located several Java-based Oxford utilities that are designed for one of the following actions: updating, uploading and cloning the firmware to a board, 2. I have a few of these enclosures with working firmware.

The bad news (and there's a lot more of it than good news): 1. I cloned the firmware from a working device, but the updater and uploader don't seem to be able to upload it to the non-working enclosure, 2. Oxford is no longer an independent company, but exists as part of a larger firm that bought them out. They are all but useless in being able to help me with a bridge-board that was discontinued years ago (as it is a PATA-to-FW board), 3. Nowhere on the web have I been able to find proper instruction for the use of these utilities, 4. The "Cloner" utility seems like the right choice - but I don't want to risk screwing-up one of the working enclosures by not having the proper instructions. These are potentially very powerful utilities, and the risk of damage is great (which is how I trashed the now non-functioning enclosure).

If someone out there in the ethers has some knowledge regarding these utilities, and how I can use it/them to revive my enclosure, I would be VERY grateful!

Thanks!
    - drglenn

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Did Oxford themselves build the boards? I thought they only built the chipsets.

If they happen to be granite digital boards then granite makes their own app for repairing/installing firmware
    Damien,

I think you can find everything you need, including the firmware, on DatOptics support page:
    http://www.datoptic.com/datoptic-support.html

Benn a while since I did a 911. They were easier to work on than the current boards.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin