Thread: Lycom eSATA 2 Port PCIe Host Card and Lion

Default Lycom eSATA 2 Port PCIe Host Card and Lion

I have the Lycom eSATA 2 Port PCIe Host Card which goes to a Burly Box for backups only. I am pretty sure that is the card, it identifies itself as pci1095,3132 in the System Profliler, alas, no driver installed.

I just upgraded to Lion.

Is a driver in the works or do I need a new card? The Mac Tower is a 2008 2x3GHz Quad Core Xeon (MacPro3,1) with PCIe slots.

-kevin

Hey, give the Sonnet driver a try. It seems to work for everyone.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

it works! Thank you. I waited till all my s/w was safe under Lion but neglected checking the h/w

-kevin

Great. Glad to hear it.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kevsteele View Post
    I have the Lycom eSATA 2 Port PCIe Host Card which goes to a Burly Box for backups only. I am pretty sure that is the card, it identifies itself as pci1095,3132 in the System Profliler, alas, no driver installed.

I just upgraded to Lion.

Is a driver in the works or do I need a new card? The Mac Tower is a 2008 2x3GHz Quad Core Xeon (MacPro3,1) with PCIe slots.

-kevin
    What Burly case do you have? I have the 5 bay with Port Multiplier and am waiting for a driver to work with Lion and the 2 port card.

I have the same 5 bay and the Sonnet driver linked to by Rick above worked fine for me under Lion.

-kevin

Default and Mountain Lion compatibility?

Any word on the Lycom SATA III 2 port driver with Mountain Lion? Still the Sonnet driver?
    kevin steele