Thread: Download Freeze

Confused Download Freeze

When I drag files out of the download file into the trash the computer freezes. It doesn't happen with files in other folders.

I have an Apple Imac running OS X 10.5.8 with an 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Do Processor and 2 GB of memory. The computer has a 168 GB left in the hard drive..

Is the answer to trash the download folder with all its content? Will a new folder be created when I restart?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

A new download folder won't be created automatically but you can make one yourself easy enough. Just a right-click and it's the first option
    Damien,

Confused Download Freeze

I'm not sure what is meant by right click on a Mac Mouse. Do I just create a new folder and label it downloads and place in the User file?

You can create a new Download folder anywhere you like. (Select location in Finder, under File select New Folder. Name it) Then set it as the destination for downloads in your browser preferences. Trashing the old one is the last step.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

If you are using Apple's mouse a right click is made by holding down the 'Control' button then making a mouse click. On the Apple track pad you can get a right click by tapping 2 fingers on the trackpad at the same time

Sorry about that. I use a 6 button scrolling trackball so I frequently forget
    Damien,

Confused Download Freeze

The system won't let me trash, replace of modify the Download file in the Users file. A dialog box appears saying it is an essential part of the Operating System. Any attempt to move anything out of the download file caused the computer to freeze.