Thread: Weird connection issues

Exclamation Weird connection issues

These aren't so much connection issues, I think. one or two might be, but I don't know.

So all of these just started to happen recently, I haven't done anything extraordinary, just same old same old. I go onto Steam, to get the TF2 free offer, and it won't load (as slow as my internet is, if something doesn't load within 30 seconds, it generally means its not gonna load). I leave it up for like, 4 minutes, and I look at it again, and all it is is blue links on a white background. No pictures, no background. I click on the link to get to the TF2 page, same thing, except this time, none of the links work. I contact Steam support, and they give me some results, but all they send me is a bot giving me messages, and it is only related to steam, and not how to fix my computer. This is still unsolved.
    (this also happens with a few other sites, can't remember them, but, it happens sometimes.)

Another problem is with Facebook, it loads sometimes, and just blanks out the next. Sometimes I can connect, and other times I just can't.

These are just on my computer also.

I have Mac OS X snow leopard, version 10.6.8, thank you.

*EDIT, I think it might have something to do with either my router, or my Modem, my modem is a Speedstream 5100 (a little old, 2 - 4 yrs) and my router is a new Apple airport router, its only a month old. My family has gone through quite a few different routers so I think the problem lies within the modem, or the computer itself.

**EDIT There have been more than just the sites I have mentioned that are not working, I have been exploring the web, and there have been at least 20 different sites where nothing shows up for ten minutes. And then it tells me it can't connect, when I know for sure other computers can.

I personally have only seen that kind of behavior from a router. Not to say it cannot be from your computer or modem......

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Is there any way that you know to fix it?

Have you tried different internet browsers?
    Can you try and "temporally" bypass the router and see if it works? Connect ethernet right into the computer.

just thoughts...

Check the security settings on your modem. They may be set for maximum security. Change them to low security. That should fix it.

Confused

With the quakes and storms, I have seen a lot of unexplainable dropouts,
    landlines, cellphones, computers...etc
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know.