Thread: Old Software, misc. parts

Default Old Software, misc. parts

I've just received (as part of my divorce settlement, ahem) a box of old Macinstosh stuff -- an original disk drive yanked out of a Mac Plus, a Zip Drive that came in my Quicksilver, Toast 4 (for all you folks out there running OS 7.5) and Photoshop Elements 2. There's also an Imation SuperDisk Drive with about half a dozen unopened 120MB disks (they're the size of floppies).

Oh yeah, almost forgot. 2 256MB RAM chips from a Powerbook G4.

I actually have some 800k floppies floating around, but don't really know why I shouldn't just take the whole lot of it to the trash can. Does anybody want this stuff? Want to trade for it? Anything?

I'm completely clueless here..... have no idea what this stuff is worth.

Sorry, the 6GB HD that came in my iMac has already been tossed.....

I hate to just throw out anything that's useful (also electronics) but have no room for any of this in my cramped space.

Good golly! I don't know if OS 7.5 supports the CD ROM drive I have, any clue? I'm not wanting to burn music just a file from my old IIci, will Toast 4.0 do that?

I might be interested in the Toast.

Default Actually....

The box says 8.1 (or OS 8.6 or later for FireWire Support) and a Mac with an 040 processor, Quicktime 3.0 (4.0 recommended)

Someone was selling a copy on eBay for about $25 bucks.

If you want to spring for postage, I could mail it to you if you wanna try it out and see, no strings attached.

Thanks

I didn't remember Toast being available for anything before 8.0, but I was hopeful. What does one do with all the truly old stuff. I've got a old SE30, nice computer in it's day, along with a bunch of other, now almost junk.

I can imagine some one saying "yep this here coal bucket is really nice, don't use it much these days. But back when I was a kid. . . . "

Thanks

I think I might have an old copy of QT 3.x? and or v 4.
    If needed .... let me know and I'll try and hunt it down.

Also have a 7100 AV, don't know if that could be of any use to help or not

h

Quote Originally Posted by yeungfeng View Post
    I didn't remember Toast being available for anything before 8.0, but I was hopeful. What does one do with all the truly old stuff. I've got a old SE30, nice computer in it's day, along with a bunch of other, now almost junk.
    Ha Ha! I used to lust in my heart (much in the manner of a certain famous president) over the SE30.... those were smokin' slick machines back in those days.... what with the built in HD..... wow!!! Does that bring back memories.

I'm not sure, but I may have also actually found the original 256K chips (or were they 512K? I seriously forget now) that came in my Mac Plus. Why, oh, why do I still have this stuff?

I guess because I hate to throw out "anything still useful."