Thread: 10.4 to 10.6.3

Default 10.4 to 10.6.3

iMac Intel was 10.4.11, now sort of 10.6.3.

After several attempts at a clean installation, each time screwed up by Migration Assistant (or rather something nasty lurking in my old folders), I wiped, installed, and started the tedious process of reinstalling my programs one by one.

At the end, driving me mad, I found that the usual Print Dialogue box is now screwed up in Quark, Photoshop CS3, and even rotten Stickies!

The 'Copies & Pages' option is missing, which means that even after a careful reinstall of my PrintFab (software RIP), I can't see the darned thing as I can't see 'Copies & Pages' (it normally comes up as a sub-option on that pulldown menu).

Anyone else had similar problems? Is there (hopefully) something I'm missing on 10.6 which will solve it?

Otherwise, I'll have to start the wiping/reinstalling again. I don't mind, as it's hardly coal-mining, but it takes so LONG!

Help, if there is any, appreciated as usual.

Allen.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

There is no print dialog called copies and pages anymore

those functions are usually on the first page that appears and that page will be named the same as your application

From there you can use the pulldown menu at the bottom to get to the layout, paper handling etc etc

Not sure this is what you meant..
    Damien,

Damien.

If you didn't live about 4000 miles away I'd come round and kiss you (so it's probably just as well)...

HOW I missed that before I don't know, but there it is, staring me in the face.

Great relief all round, and I'll stop cursing 10.6.3.

-----

Don't suppose you have any clues to offer on a similar problem: New Photoshop CS3, which was why I installed the Leopard in the first place, refuses to recognise my printer/scanner. Photoshop Elements 2 used to recognise it, and I scanned from there, but Elements 2 isn't recognised by Leopard, so I can no longer use the old program.
    Joseph Heller would have enjoyed this.

The same plug-ins as are on Elements 2 SEEM to be in place on CS3, but my Canon MP800 just doesn't show up.

Not the end of the world, as I can always scan using the Canon itself and then transfer, but it's puzzling me.

Any solutions from the bible belt?

Allen.

Lightbulb

Some scanners are supported through the Fax and Print System Preference Pane in 10.6......might check there to see if it shows up.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

My HP All in One gave me fits for scanning . . . Until I found out to scan you needed Image Capture, conveniently located in the Applications folder.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks, those ideas might help - I'll report back when I've tried them out.

Allen.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Hope those answers help because I got nuthin...

My last scanner and I didn't get along.. In fact no scanner and I ever got along.
    Damien,

Well, up until a week or two back, I didn't have a problem.

Photoshop Elements, File, Import, CanonMP800. Preview, scan, save as jpeg, sort it out in Photoshop.

Easy.

But without Elements (version 2 don't work on 10.6.3, needless to say), I'm stuffed, as it doesn't show up in File, Import on Pshop CS3.

So what I'm doing now is this.

I have Canon MP Navigator in the dock, which is the Canon scanning program. I can scan using that, then back to normal, i.e. save as jpeg, and sort it out in Photoshop CS3.

But why life has to get MORE complicated I never know!

Going through the Print/fax panel didn't help much, although it might for some scanners, I suppose.

Still, what else would we do with our time?

Allen.