Thread: Fall cleaning......

Default Fall cleaning......

Time to clean house. The Boss has directed that the closet be cleaned, so the best goodies are available. All gear was pulled from working Macs, and should still be good, though I no longer have the PPC Macs to test. I can do paypal, and have included a few bucks for ground shipping to you (48.

Let's get started:

• Sonnet Tempo ATA133 PCI card: $20 - Add two more ATA 133 buses to G4 towers.

SOLD • Sonnet Tango USB 2 & Firewire PCI card: $20 SOLD - Two FW ports, and two USB 2 ports on a single PCI slot. Great for G4 towers.

• 512MB PC133 RAM (Micron), 3 sticks: $20 - Pulled from G4 towers, ready to go back in your G4 Quicksilver or older. Most G4s max out a 1.5 GB, this will get you there.

• SeriTek 1S2 SATA PCI card: $30 - Bootable with two internal ports. Great for upgrading storage in all G4s.

• nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128MB AGP graphics card: $25 - Used this for quite a while in two different G4 towers. Never an issue, until the fan failed. Still runs just fine for desktop use without the fan. I pulled the dying fan because of the noise, so no fan on it now. Replace the fan, or perhaps your own creative passive cooling with a bigger heat sink?

• ATTO ExpressPCI UL3S SCSI: $40 - Perfect condition, one internal + external port.

SOLD • iLife '08 Retail DVD: $15 SOLD - Full retail packaging, DVD, and serial number. Just like brand new. Perfect for older machines that struggle to run the current version. Requires 10.4.10 running on a G4 500 or faster with at least 512 MB.

• Airport Card + carrier tray: $25 - Original Airport card (80211 B) and the carrier tray required for many early iMacs.

• Airport Extreme Card: $25 - Second gen airport card (80211 G) for late model ibooks, and many G4s.

• Apple USB modem: $30 - Latest model modem, only used a couple times. Not in production any more, so are getting harder to find.

• Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac: $35 - Student and Teacher edition; includes 3 product keys for 3 Macs in the same home. Disk + package + product keys, like new.

• Mac OS 10.3 Retail CD set: $25 - 3 retail CD set, like new.

• Firewire PCI card: $20 - This is a later model FW card with three external ports from Unibrane. TI chipset I believe.

• Apple iBook power supply; early: $35 - Early ibook power supply - 45 Watts

• Apple iBook/PowerBook power supply; late: $35 - Late iBook & some PowerBooks - 65 Watts

• QuickSilver CPU fan and housing: $20 - Great addition to any QS and many earlier G4s to exhaust CPU heat.

......may add some more to this as I dig.

If you see more than one thing you want, let's make a deal on a bundle.
    Last edited by unclemac; 10-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

OK you twisted my arm. I'll take the Sonnet Tango, and the iLife DVD.

The catch is we have to go for a ride, and you let me buy your lunch.

Let me know when you want to do the deal.

Done!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

The catch is we have to go for a ride, and you let me buy your lunch.
    Now would this work for me. If so just pack it all up and call me when you go by Ricks

Quote Originally Posted by unclemac View Post
    ATTO ExpressPCI UL3S SCSI: $40 - Perfect condition, one internal + external port.
    Any idea if this can be used on a Quad G5 running 10.5.x to use a SCSI Exabyte? I believe it has an VHDCI 68pin connection. I'd like to have this to use Retrospect server.

I don't know. Did some googling, but I don't see anything definite beyond 10.4.

The card itself will fit in and run in G5s (at least earlier G5s.....) the big issue is driver support for 10.5. Keep in mind the earliest G5s shipped with 10.2.7.

Quad G5 is PCIe, won't fit.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Ah......there you go. Thanks.

nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128MB AGP graphics card: $25 - Used this for quite a while in two different G4 towers. Never an issue, until the fan failed. Still runs just fine for desktop use without the fan. I pulled the dying fan because of the noise, so no fan on it now. Replace the fan, or perhaps your own creative passive cooling with a bigger heat sink?
    Totally interested in this.
    billbohughes AT nEtScApE dot nEt

THX
    Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscious state"

Hey Unclemac, do you still have the 512MB PC133 RAM (Micron), 3 sticks: $20??? I've got an old QS that could use it.

Default Panther CD set

Hi unclemac-

I'm interested in the following item from your Fall cleaning, which, if you still have it, would now almost qualiify for Spring cleaning-

Mac OS 10.3 Retail CD set: $25 - 3 retail CD set, like new.

Please let me know if it's still available.
    Thanks-
    Steve

the 512MB PC133 RAM (Micron), 3 sticks: $20 - I'll take it and give you 5 for shipping.

Sorry for the lag....been a complete flake. Will get after this tonight.

Sorry for the lag....been a complete flake. Will get after this tonight.

I'm still in, and my offer still stands.

Default Mac OS 10.3 CD set

Still interested in buying this. Please advise. Thanks!

Hmmmm

I'm getting the impression that things are a bit hectic around the unclemac household these days....