Thread: ZIP drive for Quicksilver

Default ZIP drive for Quicksilver

Hello, I am wondering if this is the correct part number for the 250 MB internal ZIP drive I would need for a QS dual 1GHz: M8417LL/B

Thanks!

-Ryan

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Don't know the part number but I am pretty sure ANY internal ATA zip drive will work. Though the power connector may need an adapter, some zips used a mini 4 pin molex and others used a standard one.

Don't pay too much as the drives are pretty cheap on ebay and I bet there are more than a few floating around the forum members here. I know I have 2 of them (1 scsi, 1 ATA) but they are both 100MB drives I am pretty sure
    Damien,

Yeah, don't go to crazy. Lil' ol' USB flash drives are cheaper, more portable, more reliable, and hold more data. Probably faster too, if you have USB 2.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Maybe he got Data on ZIP's he still needs... Maybe a friend of him still have a working drive he could use to copy his data to a USB stick?

But, I 2nd ZIP drives are not good to archive data due to the fact they are using a magnetic disc like floppy disc drives. Any harddrive or USB flash drives are better. AFAIK Iomega discontinued the ZIP years ago so only chance is to get a used one.

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!