Thread: SoundSoap

Default SoundSoap

Does anyone here use SoundSoap software from Bias? Also, does anyone know what the difference is between the SoundSoap SE version and the SoundSoap 2 version, besides the fact the SE version can be had for around $50 and the latter seems to go for about a $100? (Maybe the SE version was an earlier product?)

I know there's a pro version, but the price tag is way out of my league.

Specifically, I'm looking for it to scrub the FM static noise out of recordings I'm making using my newly purchased RadioShark, so it looks like this may be my best bet.

Naturally, of course, if anyone has a better idea (or a cheaper one) I'm all ears (pun intended -- sorry).

Hello, yes I use SoundSoap 1 and 2, but don't know anything about the Pro or SE versions. It works best when a parametric EQ is used before it, otherwise there is kind of a swoosh sound in the upper freqs. I've never been super impressed with it, but it was better than RayGun at the time. I've been meaning to take a look at NR filters again and see what's new.

Oh, and FM transmits it's carrier at 19KHz, so try notching that out first or just shelve everything 19KHz and above.