Thread: OWC Mercury Extreme SandForce SATA 3.0GB/s Solid-State Drive

Default OWC Mercury Extreme SandForce SATA 3.0GB/s Solid-State Drive

Is any one using any of these and to what effect please?
    Thanks

more:

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=3751

Default Not me...

There are a lot of newer.. smaller, faster storage devices. Tough for me to know . Others might of had some experiences.

I personally think they are still over priced and still have some quirks to work on.

Have not see the OWC drives, but have added some OCZ SSDs to: Imacs, Minis, and MacPros.

Been very good so far, amazing Finder speed. Still some quirks (could not clone an OS on one drive, for example - known issue at the time), and you have to pay attention to firmware versions, etc. .....but I for one am hopeful that 2010 will be the year of the SSD going mainstream. The fact that so many companies are jumping into the market is a good sign IMHO.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Quote Originally Posted by Unc
    .....but I for one am hopeful that 2010 will be the year of the SSD going mainstream. The fact that so many companies are jumping into the market is a good sign IMHO.
    It sure looks that way. They really sound sweet. I don't need that fast finder yet.

Yes, way to much $ compared to a good HD. In 3 to 5 years they are a true alternative... maybe.

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!