Thread: Quicksilver (2002) Dual 1 GHz Processor Board

Default Quicksilver (2002) Dual 1 GHz Processor Board

I need a schematic diagram of the G4 Quicksilver (2002) dual 1GHZ processor board (Apple part number: 820-1324-A). I need the schematic to identify a component that is missing from the board. I accidentally knocked a surface mounted component (I think it is a capacitor) from the board and must replace the component.

The component was 1 of a group of 5 components all lined up in a single row (they all appear to be identical). The components are located directly above the left-most Samsung K70803671B-HC25 chip (when viewed with the board turned so that the two CPUs are on the right-side of the board), along the top edge of the board.

I've search high and low for a schematic diagram, but to no avail. So, if no one can help me locate a diagram, I would apprciate it if someone could identify the missing component and its specifications? By the way, there are no silkscreen markings near the components.

Any chance you can take a photo? A detailed schematic might be hard to find. My first few quick searches I found some photo's but not detail enough to identify a part number. Several to buy. Do you live in an area where you can go look at one or ask to see one.

Search Google and use your terms/words in various order and combinations. schematic diagram G4 Quicksilver (2002) dual 1GHZ processor board, Apple part number: 820-1324-A Good search terms.

You might check with David Shipway at www.galaxyhp.com He does motherboard repairs and swaps. Might even have an identical swap board for you. Not sure if he could identify a component or not, one way to find out though.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Why not save yourself time and money, go eBay!
    Just check their feedback first.

n

I have gone eBay. That is an option that I am considering. Nevertheless, it much more economical to replace a 5 cent capacitor.

Yes, I took many photos. Will post some soon.

www.galaxyhp.com fixed my QS board. They might be able to help identify a part number. I live in the sticks or could try and find a board to look at. If I knew exactly which one from a pic.... I'll look around but my spare time seems to dissipate quickly. I can't figure out if I want more, or am doing less.

Default Photos

See photos here:

http://members.webs.com/MembersB/edi...lbumid=8060657

See my previous post for the position of the missing component pads.

On these photos you can see a scratch leading from the pad to the edge of the board.

All I get with the links is the attached clip of a the web page that opens. No photos...

Let's try this again.

Go to: http://www.webs.com

Sign in:

Email or Username: shellman001
    Password: XPC7455

Sign in is case sensitive.

Click on the "Photos" page link to view the photos.

Thanks.

Rogers