Thread: Agent V3 Stopped working after Mac update

Default Agent V3 Stopped working after Mac update

hi There,
    I have a Macbook and the in-built camera decided to stop working. I tried getting it fixed but it would've cost the same as buying a new mac so rather than pay the outrageous price tag for the isight camera I bought an 'Agent V3' webcam which worked with all apps and was awsome in every way. Until I updated my software. The only thing I have done between the V3 camera working and not working is upgrade to snow leopard (currently on 10.6.2).
    Does anyone know what I can do to get it working again?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

The camera probably needs a driver update that would have to come from the company that made the camera. 10.6 broke a lot of peripherals.
    Damien,

I would agree, that is the most likely issue.

They don't seem to mention specific supported OS versions or driver versions, but here is there driver download page. Worth a shot.

Good move on buying external BTW. One of the last big limitations of Apple laptop design.....they expect a user to replace the entire screen assembly, LCD and all, if the camera has an issue, for something like $700. That's just silly.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Thanks for your replies guys. Sorry i should've mentioned - I tried updating with the latest drivers but the installation fails, everytime. I'll contact agent and post their reply.

Reply from Liquid Digital manufacturers of the Aget V3 webcam:

Hi (name)

Unfortunately the older models of the agent webcam are not compatible with
    Snow Leopard. If you would like to upgrade to the new V5 model we can offer
    it to you for the special upgrade price of $60.00AUD P&H inclusive.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Kind Regards
    (name)

Liquid Digital Solutions