Thread: Silcon Image SiI 3124 Drivers (Windows 7)

Default Silcon Image SiI 3124 Drivers (Windows 7)

Have just visited site and downloaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 drivers.

Just taking a shot to see if anyone has tried these and if there is a problem.

Will be upgrading soon.

Thanks
    Dan

Default Windows 7 driver Sil3124

Dan,

The drivers work great with the Windows 7 operating system. However most Microsoft OS's require the SATARAID5 version of the driver when using a card that's running the RAID5 BIOS. The RAID5 driver version is not yet released for the 3124. I've been in contact with Lycom and through them Silicon Image regarding the RAID5 version of the driver. They are hoping to have it released by mid-December, before the holidays start.

Try the W7 driver that's listed on the Silicon Image site or on the "Drivers Downloads" page on www.burlystorage.com. If it doesn't work, you may have to wait until the RAID5 version is available for W7.

The Vista driver version SATARAID5 driver can be used in the mean time. It's not perfect but it will get you going.

32-bit Vista use version 1.3.20.0
    64-bit Vista use version 1.1.13.0

http://www.burlystorage.com/ccp0-display/Drivers.html

If you keep an eye on the Burly Storage Drivers Page I'll add the new drivers as soon as they are posted and verified by us. If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. I'm happy to help.

pcsupport@macgurus.com

Brian

Default Windows 7 driver Sil3124

Thank you very much Brian.

Dan