Thread: dvd drive drawer opens on start up

Default dvd drive drawer opens on start up

I have a G4 733mhz powerpc...... this nit came with an aftermarket Toshiba DVD burner. Upon start up, the dvd drawer opens... which is not such a big deal until.......

I want to install OSX on an iBook g3 via target mode. OSX install disk requires a restart before installing.... so, the power pc restarts but the DVD draw opens by itself before it can boot to disc ! .... very annoying.....

it there any way to keep the dvd door from opening at start up ????

thx

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Hold the C key down to tell it to boot to the disc and as soon as it openspush it right back in. it should boot to the disc then. That should get you going with the iBook

As far as getting that behavior to stop you might pul the drive and see that it is set to 'Master' and not slave or cableselect
    Damien,

Make sure your mouse button is not stuck on. That will also tell the CD to open during startup.

R
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

thx guys, i'll crack the G4 when i get a chance, I'll check to see if it's set to master..... i tried another mouse and same thing......not a big problem, just an annoying one.......

If you unplug the keyboard and mouse before booting, you will can easily know if it anything on the USB bus.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin