Thread: Trouble booting DiskWarrior

Question Trouble booting DiskWarrior

Trying to boot DW with my new iMac running 10.5.8. I have a new -year old- DiskWarrior CD. The CD says "CD Rev 42" on it and get info says it's install ver. 4.1 I don't recall ever booting it. Have not tried booting on my Giga G4 10.5.8

Holding the "C Key" on boot I get a flash of a black screen and chime/reboots. If I choose it as the startup disk in system prefs it gets stuck in a loop of boot chime... appears to boot to a dark screen then chime and reboot over and over. I had to hold the Option Key to get back to my main boot drive.

Randy,

I have that same CD Rev 42. While I think, repeat think, v4.1 may work with your Leopard version, I don't think it works with your iMac hardware. Best to contact Alsoft Tech Support and I would do it by phone to get the best info. You may need to upgrade to the latest DVD. I chose the DVD sent to me, still waiting for it.

Or you can build your own DVD. k

That sounds right.

One good thing about waiting.....I think they are shipping DW4.2 which besides being compatible with your hardware, should also ready for repairing 10.6 too.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

It did not boot on my Giga G4 either.

I'll call em,