Thread: A Stumping Question for the Gurus!! money offer 4 u too! PLEASE HELP ME!

Thumbs down A Stumping Question for the Gurus!! money offer 4 u too! PLEASE HELP ME!

Here goes- I have a Hard drive that had mac ox on it (macbook pro Brand new) and I started to partition it with windows xp so i can dual boot- now Instead of partitioning it into two oses - I have actually started to put windows xp (30% loaded) over top of my very important data on the mac os (one power point presentation i need for my new job)

I need only one file and I have to give my presentation in about a week out of town where i am supposed to be moving to (as long as i have my presentation I have the job) (my career) I will do anything that you suggest and if it works i will pay the GURU who made this possible- I really don't know what to do - and im not going to be able to move forward unless I get this presentation back- this is the shittiest thing that has ever happend to me career-wise - Is there anyone out there that can help me??

I will be in your debt - and I have the money to send you! I offer 250$ for this. is there anyone who is good enough to help me! I don't know what else to say! thanks for listening!

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Partition it with windows? did you use bootcamp to do this? Is your XP disk a Service Pack 2 complete install (Not a SP1 with updater)

If you used Bootcamp correctly and had the right XP SP 2 disk then your Mac OS should still be there. If something is not right and you ARE overwriting your Mac OS then DiskWarrior, TechTool and Boomerang are some utilities you might try

If all else fails there is always Drive Savers. I hear they aren't cheap and I bet they wouldn't be done in a week either
    Damien,

It's not clear to me from your post whether or not you can still boot in OS X.

If you can, give Data Rescue II a try.

The Demo will do a full scan and display the list of all found files, but will only recover 1 file 5MB or less.

If the Demo can find your files, $99 is a pretty good deal to recover them.

Hope this helps.

Dave.
    Last edited by biggles; 09-03-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: sp!
    "illegitimis non carborundum"

I second the Data Rescue idea, if any formatting was done. If that tool can't see and allow you to retrieve your data........Drive Savers. You can do that quickly from another Mac. Be warned, that Drive Savers will cost $1000 or more.

Yell if you have to go that route, I can save you a bit of money.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

If the file you desire to recover is not overwritten, then Data Rescue is likely to be able to get it back for you.

If you overwrote that part of the disk, then you are out of luck. There is nothing that can recover it short of the FBI and a Cray.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin