Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yard Sale

Default Yard Sale

Just picked up a new MacBook, and am cleaning house. Parting out my old DA workhorse. Here are some of the goodies to go:

- Sonnet Tango PCI card with 2 USB and 2 Firewire 400. Similar to this, but a little different. Mine must be the 1.0 version.

- Sonnet ATA PCI card - two channels waiting for your ATA ribbon cables.

- 3 sticks of PC 133 Crucial 512MB RAM.

- Sonnet 1.2 GHz CPU upgrade, similar to this, but fanless. Need to find the firmware for this one before it is ready to ship. Solid for me for 3+ years.

- DA power supply. Modded to replace OEM fan (that was failing) with a adjustable speed fan. Works well, never a hiccup.

Yell if you are interested, otherwise everything goes to ebay.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

How much for the Tango?

Hi,

I'd be very interested in the processor upgrade for my QS 733. Will it work and if so, how much are you looking for?

Thanks

Default I could use two sticks of PC133

those 512's might work in my wife's sony desktop, price in mind??

Robert
    MacBook Pro Uni 2.4GHz with express card slot

iMac G5

Quote Originally Posted by M.Brane View Post
    How much for the Tango?
    Shoot me an email, I'll make you a deal.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Quote Originally Posted by ilford101 View Post
    I'd be very interested in the processor upgrade for my QS 733. Will it work and if so, how much are you looking for?
    Trying to come up with a fair price. The same model Sonnet ST (but the faster 1.6 model) now sells for about $200, throw in tax and license, and you are about $225 out of pocket. How about $90 and I will cover ground freight.

Oh, and I found the original packageing which has the printed install instructions and most importantly the required Sonnet software patch CD.

Make sure yours is a 2002 model or older; apparently the later model QSes are different enough that this CPU won't work.

Sound fair?

Quote Originally Posted by rguising View Post
    those 512's might work in my wife's sony desktop, price in mind??
    Hows about $10 each and $3 to mail to edge of the earth, for a whopping total of $33?

By the way.......have you looked at what Crucial is charging for this stuff?! Yikes!

Default Crucial prices

Sorry Unc, missed your response on the 9th (not sure why I wasnt notified through the forums)...

Crucial prices are nutso. Hence I havent gone that route!!

Would you sell just two for $23? I really have no need for 3 at the moment! Ah heck, Ill buy all three... send me a PM with your Paypal info.

Robert
    MacBook Pro Uni 2.4GHz with express card slot

iMac G5

Unclemac,

If you haven't sold the Sonnet CPU, I'm game for that one. I've got an old Dual 533 that might love the additional speed.

Talking

Do you still have the Sonnet 1.2 still up for sale? Thanks, h

Default Sonnet interest

First buyer changed his mind, think the fair thing to do is go in order.....

Yeung is up next. Send me an email (check my profile).

Next is Haz, if Yeung is not interested.

Talking

Hey Uncle!

Why don't you just sell me your DA .... all in one shot?
    Shoot me a price?
    h

Haz:

....Well, it is already stripped. The case has been modded, painted, and it is missing the main fan too.

If you want it (it is solid, good logic board and still have the original 466 CPU plus a 867 pull from a QS) I could reassemble it and it is yours. I figured the DA case/logic board is barely worth the cost to ship......except to a Mac hacker.

Could get the PS back in, I have a known good Mac compatible Combo drive, and maybe stick of RAM or two, a spare ATA drive......could build it back if you really want it.

If you want a project box with no known problems, make me an offer. Really just need to cover packaging and shipping and, say, a case of the local brew's finest. If you are intested, I can take some pics and list exactly what is has, and what you will need, and what other spare parts I can add back in.

Trying to clean out the computer closet....... The modded Cube goes next. Sad, but time to move on. Need a solid, quiet box for the kids, like an Intel mini.

Question

Really interested!
    What's going on with the Sonnet card?
    Would like it also!
    h

Talking

Is there a video card that comes with it?
    So, it will be up and running?
    What wiil it cost to ship to 61820?
    Do you take PayPal ..... thats the fastest way to get payment to you?
    Just what color did you paint it? ....... will have NO bearing on sale?

thanks, h

Sorry about 3 different posts in a row!

After thinking about the sonnent card ....... don't need it unless price is right.

Will be trying to install a GIGA dual 1.8 .... I think I'll try underclocking it ... been on the
    bench for awhile collecting dust ....

Thanks, h

.........no worries. Email me.

Hope you got that mail I sent!
    h

Back at you.....get mine?

Thumbs up

Just thought I'd say thanks for the DA ... UNCLEMAC!

Can't hardly believe it!
    It's dead quite and cool!

You gave me some applications that I have never see or used!

All I can say is ........... Excellent!

I'm using it at this moment to write this post! .... " DAMN GOOD PURCHASE ...... BOY!"

h