Thread: Lucky but still a problem

Default Lucky but still a problem

I made a thread here a month or so ago. I had a problem with my iBook G4 not getting any power. I ordered a new power cord. It arrived yesterday so I was excited to plug everything up. I hit the power up button. Nothing happens, so I was bummed out. I went out for a few hours and came back to see if there would possibly be any changes. None. Well I got frustrated and started trying everything I could. I grabbed the power cord where it meets the computer and began hitting power moving the piece around and it began powering up! So I move the computer and it turns off. It turns out that there is a connection problem with the power cord. If I push the piece in a certain direction, the computer will start up and work fine. The moment I let go, it loses power immediately This is going to be difficult to address because I am stationed in Kuwait, and I have never taken a computer apart before, but I need to fix it. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I would start out looking over some of the online guides, like ifixit's. The iBook has interesting considerations when opening it up. Check out the guide and ask away should you have questions.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I replaced the power board on a iBook G3 once. It's a very tedious, and time consuming job. You pretty much have to disassemble the entire lower case. Lots of tiny screws of different sizes, and delicate connections/parts.