Thread: Netflix, need a 20' mini DVI to a VGA - Right?

Default Netflix, need a 20' mini DVI to a VGA - Right?

OK, I have no need for Dual monitors. I would like to send my Netflix movies to my 42" LG TV. (a 42LG50) It looks and sounds simple but before I order some thing wrong I figured to get some info from you city folks. The two devices sit 20 feet apart.

It seems all I need is a 20' mini DVI to a VGA and I am good to go. I believe a mini DVI to HDMI works too but it's wayyyy expensive. If a 20' mini DVI to a VGA has a decent image. I don't need the greatest.

I have read the TV's reviews and specs and a few forums about connecting but... I'll leave this info like it is until I hear back from people I have learned to trust. So post. Thanks

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

That sounds right and using VGA instead of HDMI should be fine for NetFlix as their movie player adjusts to your bandwidth and gives you less than HD quality YMMV
    Damien,

Thanks Damien,

I'll search out a cable now.

Don't forget you can get a Mini-DVI to VGA dongle, then you just need a std VGA to VGA cable.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Thumbs up Last question

Thanks Unc,

Seems I have no need for the mini DVI to DVI I bought with the iMac when I purchased it. All I needed was room for two 1 page documents side by side and the 20" is plenty. I still need a cable.

So does anyone know if running 1 cable a mini DVI to VGA would be any better or worse than adding another connection with a mini dongle DVI to VGA and another 20' of VGA cable. Signal loss? I assume one cable might be best.

Ah, I see. Not the super cool flexy cable in the other link, but how about a DVI to VGA cable that plugs into your Minn-DVI to DVI dongle? Claims to be good quality, though I ain't no HD TV wizard.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default Sorry for confusion

Unc, Just like this here but 20' long.