Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: hey what's this piece?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default hey what's this piece?

    My fans in my burly enclosures are so loud, something is out of whack. So I took the cover off to clean them as posted in another thread, and i find i have a loose piece. it is a little silver piece that looks like it was attached with double stick somewhere. It has six grooves in it and is about 1 in x .5 in x.25 in.
    Is it important and where does this go?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2001
    1hr N/W of LA LA Land


    That looks like a heat sink. It's obviously supposed to be attached to something to keep it cool. I'd get in touch with Rick ASAP, and stop using the enclosure until you do.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Grangeville, ID USA


    Toss it in the trash. The board manufacturer stopped installing them... they never could get them to stick and they didn't need them anyway.

    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts