Thread: New Burly RAID out Today!

Default New Burly RAID out Today!

New Product. We have been hammering on this for a while. Surely will put the squeeze on the overpriced stuff out from other developers!

http://www.macgurus.com/productpages/sata/BurlyRAID.php

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs up

Sustained write above 450 eh? Sweet.

Bare Feats posted a nice review of this latest MacGurus product as well as referring to Burly Storage as the Humvees of this class of storage and to MacGurus as the first company to advertise with Bare Feats. k

Cool Nice

If only I needed 450. Looks very professional and Nice Bare Feats review - deserves a feather in your cap.

The RAID unit sells and supports well. Main thing is the low amount of support we are having to do. Hardware RAID5 is complex enough that a poorly put together unit is everyman's nightmare. Nothing worse than a RAID5 where the admin utility doesn't work right or the RAID quits on you. They are complex enough to be impossible to get along with when they are not reliable. ARCA has done a good job on the hardware of the card and most especially on the admin utility. The Burly is a solid compliment to that.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin