Thread: New Logic Board Causing software problems

Default New Logic Board Causing software problems

This week I had a new logic board installed as a warranty repair on my Mac Pro. I now have two problems that I need advice as to fixing these problems.

1. I cannot access The internet or email from my boot drive. I can,however, access the internet and email by booting up from a disk that contains a backup of my boot drive. I use Super Duper to perform the backups. After examining the network settings on both drives I see that the IP addresses on both drives are different. Are the different IP addresses causing the problem? Do I need the change the IP address on my boot drive to that of my backup drive. If so how do I do that?

2. Photoshop CS3 will not initialize. During the startup process I get an error message "cannot initialize Photoshop because the disk is not available." Cs3 will not initialize from both my boot drive and the backup drive. I downloaded the CS3 upgrade from Adobe's website so I don't have The CS3 upgrade installation disks. I have my CS3 serial number. Am I having a problem initializing CS3 because I now have a new Hardware ID because I have a new logic board? I believe but I'm not certain that CS3 uses the computer's hardware ID as part of an anti software piracy
    prevention. I will post this problem of an Adobe forum.

One final note. I did not have any of my original drives in my computer when I took it in for repair. I did this to prevent any possibility of losing any data. My computer had a drive in it that I don't use any more. On that drive I installed Leopard from the installation disks that came with my computer.

Thanks

John Blake

Default Solved the Photoshop Problem

From Adobe Photoshop forum FAQ's.
    The disk the error message is referring to is the Scratch disk. To fix the problem,remove the Adobe settings folder from user/library/preferences. Restart Photoshop and new preferences files will be created.

I realize that MacGurus is not a photoshop support forum but the only thing that was different from the last time I opened Photoshop with no problems was have a new logic board installed.

John

Default Got my network connections to work

Using Super Duper I did a smart update from my backup boot drive(the one that I could get email and surf the internet) to my boot drive. My problem was fixed. I'm a happy camper again! Thank goodness for backing up.

John

Hello,

1. check if TCP/IP correctly configured (ie.manual ip if you don't have DHCP-Server or Router running).

2. CS3 generates a checksum, containing informations like Logicboard Serialnumber, amount RAM beeing installed, OS version and other things. So yes, you have to reactivate CS3 due to the new Logicboard, new MacPro Serialnumber. BTW A friend of mine just installed 16GB RAM and the Apple Hardware RAID Card and he has to reactivate as well.

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!