Thread: how's it goin

Default how's it goin

hey folks... I'm alex trujillo, not sure if someone still there remembers me.

In fact, I was just wondering if any of the old crew was still here. I did a lot of fun stuff related to macgurus as a kid, went to a couple of macworld expos back in the day, got some exposure to some nice hardware... Things I will remember with fondness.

I'm sure things have changed a lot though.

anyway, let me know how things are going up in macgurus hq, and all this.

Hey Alex,

Great to hear from you. Yeah, some of us are still hanging around, holding on with both hands to this thing your dad started all those years back.

We moved the office to Idaho a few years back. And that means we get to do more fishing, hunting and skiing. Of which I am headed out the door for a avalanche rescue field training course for the rest of the weekend. Gotta scoot, but hopefully we can continue this next week!

Can't wait to hear what you are up to.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Sorry to be a little late to this one, but just wanted to pop in and say hey to Alex, if he might still catch this. I was a lot more active in the glory days of 2000 and 2001, when Magician was indoctrinating me in the ways of six-slot Macs with dual-PCI busmaster LVD SCSI RAIDs. Next time you talk to him tell him Fletch said I wish him all the best, thanks for everything, and I hope he made it out, or will soon make it out, to visit the Outer Banks.

I'm glad this place is still around, but I no longer speak with my father. It's not cool, I know, but that's how life goes sometimes.

Anyhow, I'm working on my own stuff. I do a lot of neat things these days. I'm in the process of writing a novel, working on various technical projects, and am planning to go back to school next fall. I'm the kind of guy who likes to juggle a lot of projects.

Hey, something neat I did last year with SVG...
    http://vektornye.appspot.com/index.svg
    haha... I could've sworn I fixed those bugs! were they committed or did I just... anyway. It's kinda neat.

hi alex. this is john. i helped your dad get macgurus off the ground when i was with waypoint. long time ago. i still keep in contact with deb. there are a few others that pop in every so often. it's good to hear that you have taken care of yourself.

Hey, I remember Debbie! She was great. So was her kid, George. I miss those days, they were good times.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping in touch, buddy.