Thread: iMac won't eject a CD

Default iMac won't eject a CD

Hello.

Intel iMac. Won't eject a CD. Tried all the 'normal' procedures, but no go. Isn't recognised by Disc utility, or any other prog I've tried, so can't do a normal eject. Tried keyboard 'eject' key. Tried holding down F12. Tried rebooting holding down mouse button. Can't see any last resort paper-clip hole!

Can't boot into Firmware (at least not without rebooting using OSX CDs, which in my case I can't do).

Anyone got any neat solutions, or do I phone Apple Support?

Thanks.

Allen, London.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Rebooting holding the mouse button down ONLY works on ADB and wired USB mice. It will not work with trackpads or wireless mice.

If that doesn't help then I usually use Toast. Use the 'Recorder' menu item
    Damien,

Hello Damien.

Thanks for the advice.

Let me precede this by saying that I am generally of sound mind, and gave up drinking in 2002.

This morning, clearing up around my not uncluttered desk, what do I find under a paper? Yup, one CD, ejected after an Audio Hijack burn, which for some reason was ejected a bit more firmly than usual and thus came out of the CD slot.

I shall go back to bed, and get up next year.

Allen.
    Last edited by billybobski; 12-21-2008 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Old age.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

lol... one of my relatives has an iMac that will spit discs off the desk and onto the floor if you don't catch them
    Damien,

Yeah, I love that. We have one at work that will do the same 100% of the time. With the particular user setup, it ejects right into a trash can. was tempted to swap the trash for recycle, film it, and upload to Utube with the title: Automatic CD recycling built into new iMac!

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin