Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cleaning office...time to sell off some goodies :)

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

SATA is one Channel = one drive* Each channel can handle either 1.5gbps or 3.0gbps 1.5gbps is still faster than any drive on the market that you could connect it to so don't waste your $ going for the 3.0 card. On the other hand if you find a good 3.0 card at a good price there is no reason not to get it.

When a card says 4TB max that just means it's 4 channel and the biggest drives at the time were 1 TB and you could connect 4 of them since bigger drives are now available I believe that card could now say 6TB (1.5TB drive x 4) That is an available storage number not a speed number

*there are ways around this one channel = one drive thing but they are expensive and not suited to what you want to do
    Damien,

You guys are being so helpful. Dumb me missed out on the deal because someone else jumped on it before I could. I have tons of other questions about my plan and the steps I need to take. So, keeping with forum etiquette should I post in a more appropriate place seeing as how we are way beyond the scope of the original post. Please let me know what to do as I don't want to offend anyone. I'll then give you guys an update on where I am in the process and what questions I have. I'm so glad I joined up. Maybe someday in the long distant future I will be worthy of the title "guru" and I can help out others as you all are helping me. Thanks.
    Michael