Thread: Looking for a newer used CD/DVD RW

Default Looking for a newer used CD/DVD RW

I have a Pioneer 103. Does anyone have a newer one that they are willing to part with? I rarely use it but when I do a little more speed and DL would be nice. A new one is so cheap that might be the better way to go.

Randy

Have you shopped new? 30 bucks last I checked for a current Superdrive. Probably not worth going used unless you don't care about DL capability.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

New probably is best. I am planning to keep this Dual Giga and hold off on a new iMac. I'll look tomorrow.

If you are still looking, you might want to consider this one. On my G5 thread, I have posted my luck with it as well as other installation tips and performance. Very fast. Also what DVD media I used. k

Thumbs up

That is a good deal. I ordered it yesterday.

Randy,

If you have not already looked thru OWC's tech stuff for your DA, you might want to get familiar with the procedures with the installation.

Download and print this doc DA.pdf

Next go here QT video and choose the Optical Drive G4 AGP 'Sawtooth' & 'Gigabit Ethernet' High Quality. That should do it. Your installation is totally different than mine. k

Default Great

Thanks Kaye

I have swapped my QS, DA and my neighbors DA. But was going to hunt those down first.

One other thing, if I recall correctly the DA does not understand Cable Select. Your old Pioneer should have a diagram on it that shows the jumper settings, probably set for Master. Anyway, set the new Pioneer for the same as the old Pioneer. The new Pioneer has a diagram on it showing the jumper settings. k

Have you received the OWC SuperDrive and installed it yet? k

Thumbs up Yes Thanks

Got got it last week. I will get it in my DA this week.

Thumbs up Installed

Just installed the Pioneer 116 in my Dual 1.6 Giga GA. System profiler approves. Now I need to burn something.