Thread: Printer window changed???

Question Printer window changed???

I have a lexmark E320 laser printer and when ever I have printed in the past (3+ years) I had the option to print page 1 to (any) like 3 to (5 or any) just this Wed/Thursday I went to print. Did a preview then cancelled it, only wanted pages 2 - 3 but only had the smaller dialog box below. Also had a choice of how many copies.

No changes or updates to the computer. There must be a way to change that back to a larger box.

Ideas
    Randy

opps the attachment
    Last edited by rwm; 11-23-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Ha! You will love this.........

See that little down arrow on the square thingy? It is a button. Push it.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Thumbs up Thats it

Thanks Unc

I thought I clicked most everything. I must have one tire squashing my O2 hose thus affecting my brains ability to get O2 and think.

Stay off the O2 line!

This one gets too many folks. Doesn't look like a button, and the icon doesn't help.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

How do I keep it defaulting there like the old days.

Forgot to get back to you......

There are a couple ways. Like nearly all things on a computer, things that are modifiable have a preference file that controls how they open or behave, even if there is no easy way to set or change the preference. So, how?

Command line works. Apple gives a cool little tool called default write.....for writing defaults. Very simple, if you know the variables. I don't, but here it is.

The second way is easier than trying to learn and remember the parameters to run the command line. Many of the free and shareware utility apps build a nice GUI to let us easily find and manipulate some of these preferences that Apple didn't think we might want to change. Tinkertool is free, and gives you this option (the latest version for 10.5), and dozens more.