Thread: Photo attachments don't wind up as attachments

Default Photo attachments don't wind up as attachments

Occasionally I sent photos as attachments using Apple's Mail email program
    that don't appear as attachments to the recipient. The photos are embedded(for lack of a better term) in the email. The recipient isn't able separate the attachment from the email. This only happens when the recipient
    is on a Windows operating system. I have the "send Windows friendly attachments" marked. Not all windows users have this problem.

Any ideas why this is happening? Does it depend on which email program or which version of Windows the recipient is using?

Thanks

John Blake

John,

I work with Macs as well as several variations of Windows machines and have occasionally had the same problem. Some mail apps will be able to recognize an attachment and some don't. It does seem to make a difference which OS and mail app is used. Since I can usually get what I need of of an email I haven't pursued the problem much. I'll do some research and see if I can't find an easy solution for the problem. It's possible that somebody else here will have a ready solution.

Brian.

Brian

Thanks for your reply. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that some people can't open my email attachments since it's a problem I don't have any control over.

Let us know if you are able to come up with something.

Thanks again

John