Thread: Is there a VIDEO HiJack?

Default Is there a VIDEO HiJack?

Audio HiJack is a nice easy program which I use often.

Is there a VIDEO HiJack program?

This is the problem. BBC TV in the UK gives out a program called BBC iPlayer Download Manager. Great. But it only works on PCs.... There is a Mac version a-coming, but not yet.

So, in the meantime, I want to tape a particular programme off their site, make a disc, and play it back through my bigger TV, as being the CHEAP and EASY way to do it.

Any ideas? (I have intel-iMac, 10.4.11).

Thanks.

Allen, London.

I don't know if there is a program like that, but there is probably a way it still can be done.

So, at the moment you can only stream it from their site? You can't download any file at all until that program is ready? Does it stream through a program like RealPlayer, QuickTime or Windows Media, or does it playback on the web page itself as Flash video, similer to YouTube?

Hello despaxas.

Yes, at present you can only stream (view) it on their site, which is this, just for double-checking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00cfl1h.shtml

It doesn't launch any of the usual (Quicktime, Realplayer, etc), so I assume it has built-in BBC-only software running it.

On their audio-site, it comes down through Realplayer, but is still not saveable - hence my use of Audio Hijack, which works fine.

Thanks for the interest.

Allen.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Snapz Pro can capture video from the screen like Audio Hijack does with sounds. I am not sure what limitations it may have though. (i. e. resolution, time limit etc.) Also snapz pro isn't cheap
    Damien,

If you wanted to record the screen.......if that will work.......there was a free beta of Jing, and a new inexpensive app Sequence. Neither is exactly what you need, but thought I would mention them just in case.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin