Thread: Seritek updates?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Default Seritek updates?

Are there any firmware updates for the Seritek/Firmtek cards?

I have the 2+2 card and it has never been able to use an optical drive. I was hoping to get that fixed.
    Damien,

after a lot of looking I found that right after I posted here but it didn't help My Seritek still will not support an SATA optical drive.. sigh

Does the Lycom card support Opticals?
    Damien,

I don't think it has anything to do with firmware. It is that miserable Intel chipset on that line of cards. I don't think that chip ever supported ATAPI

R
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Does the Lycom card?

I have heard that the Silicone Image chipset 3114 does support Opticals but the Lycom you sell has the 3124 set. I would assume the 3124 is a newer better chipset but you can't always count on that

I found a SATA>Firewire800 adapter I could use but would much rather have an SATA card that does the job and the adapter is just as much as the card after you buy a cable which I don't have. Also it's elsewhere... I want to buy here as long as the card will work.

I am going to try my rocketraid card but I suspect it is even older and crappier than the Seritek
    Damien,