Thread: Forgot the password to my old G3 blue and white computer

Default Forgot the password to my old G3 blue and white computer

Can someone PLEASE help me. I found my sisters G3 in the closet and she forgot the password when the username shows up. Is there anything I can do to bypass it or reset it.?

I am assuming you are running a version 10.x.x version and not OS 9.x. If you have an install CD or DVD you can boot from it and you can reset the password.

You might keep trying current G3 and after the 3rd time I think you should be prompted with a "clue or question" that you might know the answer to and this might work too. If you can look Keep us posted.

How about an extra drive laying around?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rwm View Post
    I am assuming you are running a version 10.x.x version and not OS 9.x. If you have an install CD or DVD you can boot from it and you can reset the password.

You might keep trying current G3 and after the 3rd time I think you should be prompted with a "clue or question" that you might know the answer to and this might work too. If you can look Keep us posted.

How about an extra drive laying around?

Randy

We dont have a install cd and the password clue was no help at all. I think we have a extra hard drive around here somewhere.