Thread: WTT MBP for MB (Black)

Default WTT MBP for MB (Black)

Hi,

I believe I've over-purchased, not that I'm too disappointed. Might be wise to consider a trade down, though.

I have a MBP C2D 2.16GHz/2GB/120GB, with a stunning array of add-ons: red Speck acrylic shield (w/ an additional top piece), 3M LCD film, trackpad/clicker film (plus sever extra sets), Marware palmrest cover, black iSkin keyboard cover, and belkin's iLap custom MBP stand (brushed aluminum finish perfectly matches the MBP). It has the original Apple coverage through Feb of 08 (and so an additional two years of AC coverage is available for purchase, providing coverage through Feb of 2010). I've had these protective bits on since before powering up the machine for the first time, since Apple replaced the original MBP with this MBP one after I bought all of the additional stuff, so I was ready to rock when the replacement arrived.

I'm interested in a MB black in the same condition, C2D, 2+GHz processor speed, plus $$$.

Frankly, I don't recall what I paid . . . $1700 stands out, but I'm not positive. Then there is the cost of the extra stuff--$250+.

Any takers?

Frankly, I don't recall what I paid . . . $1700 stands out, but I'm not positive.
    What size of screen? You must be talking about a MBP that's a generation or two old? Because a new MBP is more around $1,999 to $2,799 less any options and there are no 2.16 GHz processors currently. Apple Store.

Default Freaky!

Heh. rwm, I read your first (that is unedited) post, and while I was researching the price you provided--which seemed WAY too high--you must have fixed your initial estimation. I was a little confused when I got back to the thread and couldn't find what I thought I read.

It is the 15", and I'm not sure what a "generation" is in the case of the MBP--I would think of the move from the PPC to the Intel a case of a new generation or even from the CD to the C2D as a generation, but within the world of C2D MBPs I have no idea what the generations are. It was current when I bought it from Apple early this year (arrived first week in Feb, but then was replaced with a different machine about a week later). This is an Apple cert refurb, so it was probably $150 or $200 less than otherwise would have been the case, but I really don't think I paid more than $2k . . . again, I want to say something like $1700, all said. But, hell--I'll take the higher projected value, to be sure.

The serial: xxxxxxxxxxxxx, model MA609LL. This number can be run through Apple's specification search, which will tell the whole story (though I don't know about initial retail cost).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Greentree_uk; 12-02-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Don't use serial numbers in posts.

Opps.... I thought I edited it before anyone looked or read it. I did not mean to confuse you. Thanks for clarifying things. I also misread your first post. 0-2 today in one thread/post.

Good luck. I have a friend that was just asking about a new laptop. She wants a Mac. I'll let her know.

Default FS too

Doh. It occurs to me that I should have mentioned my willingness to sell the machine outright (in case that isn't a given)--just seems that I should shoot for a trade, since I'd like to come out the other end with a MB.

Also, for the right deal (trade or sale) I could be persuaded to buy the AppleCare and include it in the sale/trade . . . really depends.

--em

Here's the details on the macbook for anyone's interest

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo)
    MBPRO 15/2.16/1G/120/128VRAM/SD-DL

Serial #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Coverage Status:
    Apple Limited Warranty*
    Coverage End Date:
    01/02/08
    Estimated Purchase Date:
    02/02/07
    Purchased In: United States

DETAILS:
    Parts and Labor are covered.

Has had a replacement Power adapter 28/10/07

please do not use serial numbers in posts, they can be misused

Default Hmm

The information you provided is not, if I'm not mistaken, public. For instance, running the serial number--and according to my local mac store this is a perfectly permissible and safe way to sell the machine, since the number alone licenses nothing--will not turn up service calls or dates.

So, the question is, are you using a search method/system not publicly available? If so, that strikes me as a violation of my privacy, where as posting the serial number (my choice, incidentally) does not. If an apple employee were to post such information, for instance, it would certainly seem like an abuse of power and, likely, an unauthorized use of Apple's database. (When I purchased a used machine still covered by warranty and requiring service, the Apple people told me that they could not reveal to me any of the details related to the previous owners, to include the service history of the machine prior to my purchase. They did not specify whether the "could not" was a legal prohibition or merely one of company policy.)

While I don't mean to be rude, correction is one thing--I would certainly not intentionally violate the standards of the forum and would welcome correction in that regard. But, to go beyond that correction--that is, to do more than remove the offending number--is, well, offensive. I did not volunteer the information you posted, putatively on my behalf--information that is not, as far as I know, obtainable publicly. Neither was I withholding it, but that's beside the point.

If it is a moderator's entitlement to do this--to add to the information I'm providing about specifically my machine, then I clearly misunderstood the nature of this forum. If your most recent post, Greentree_uk, is the standard, please delete this thread, since I do not appreciate Big Brother speaking on my behalf.

Arrow sweet deal

Is this trade still available? I have a refurbished MacBook 2.0 GHz Black in pristine condition, only 4 days unwrapped, arrived Friday 12/28 from the Apple.com online store. , only to discover that the Intel GMA950 doesn't have the graphics ooomph to run my favorite game.

This is the original Black Macbook 2.0 with 1G RAM and 80 G drive
    - Factory CDROMs MacOS X 10.4.6 and 10.5 (currently running 10.4.11)
    - Marware Keyboard/palmrest Protection pack (installed)
    - Spire - Sleeve
    - Spire - Dart 14 slim shoulder bag
    - Crumpler - School Hymn 13" Black
    - Original packing.

A comparison from Everymac.com specs suggests a disparity of current pricing in the neighborhood of $700-750 USD, summarized at this link, so I'll open with an offer to trade equipment with me adding ~$700 to sweeten the deal.

Fastest response is to email ricercar using the domain sonic period net. I'll check back here soon.
    haiku:
    I can't remember
    the last time I restarted
    I love OS X