Thread: Stopped receiving email from one account

Default Stopped receiving email from one account

I can no longer receive but I can send emails from one of my two POP email accounts. I can receive and send emails from my other email account just fine. I'm using a Dual GH G4 with 10.4.10. Mail 2.1.

Background information

Two weeks ago I installed Tiger and my applications on a new firewire 400 external hard drive. My original boot drive is an internal drive which I left untouched in the computer. Re-installing Tiger and my applications fixed the various problems I was having. I copied the Mail preferences from the original boot drive to my new boot drive.

As of about a week ago I have not been able to receive email from one of my email accounts although I can send email. I can receive emails,however, if I reboot using the original boot drive as my startup drive.

Repairing permissions and running diskwarrior didn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated to solve my problem.

Thanks

John Blake

Default Problem solved

I contacted technical support. They restarted the respective services and I started receiving email again.

John Blake

Crazy.

One never knows with email. Usually all one can do is verify that you have the server info correct, credentials correct, and verify no network/port/firewall issues. Most other things are out of user control.

Glad you stuck with it and figured it out. Thanks for the follow up.
    Last edited by unclemac; 11-09-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typos
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin