Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Leopard: Oct. 26

Question 10.6.4

For a file this big I don't see much it's going to do for me. Why does it seem big? I am also looking at the Combo updater.

The 10.6.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
    resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
    address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
    improve reliability of VPN connections
    resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
    resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
    improve compatibility with some braille displays

From what I've read around the web, the security fixes are worth it all. Seems that there were some real serious problems just waiting for someone to take control of a Mac.

It seems that those fixes have not been applied to iPod, Pads, or Phones, yet.

i did it as soon as it was out. Not my typical style, I usually wait and see if there are any problems, first. It was all pretty painless.