Thread: spilt water on my keyboard! now they keys come up with different symbols

Default spilt water on my keyboard! now they keys come up with different symbols

Hi guys hope someone can help, i had an accident and spilt water on my macbookpro, now when i press the keys it come up with different symbols like these: œ∑†^π˚∆˙ƒ∂Ω≈√∫~

the keys work fine using a external usb keyboard.
    Ive messed around with every keyboard setting i can find but still haven't had any look!!

cheers.

Sounds like a shorted option key. Not sure you can do anything but get it dryer and or replace the keyboard.

Sorry, no magic there.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Unhappy

Not much to do. Most will tell you to let it dry out and not send power to it. Water is funny. Try it in a few days.

The key above your TAB key appears stuck.

Some people actually put their keyboards in the dishwasher. You just gotta make sure it's completely dry before putting it back in service.

Water shouldn't hurt anything. Once it dries out it'll probably be fine. Beer, and coffee is another matter entirely..........