Thread: cant startup after Superdrive installation in G4 D/A

Default cant startup after Superdrive installation in G4 D/A

I crashed my Pioneer DVR 110D - installed the 112D - upon reconnection of power supplies to the drives, I thought if I left the zip drive unpowered, I would give some relief to the power supply- I've got 4 harddrives in with no mods to the power. When I started up, I got a message after the Apple screen that said to "restart computer.. hold power button..."" in a box with a power button icon super-imposed on the message. The new DVR drive utilized a 10.2 install disc to boot and I used disc utility on all my drives w/ system software w/ no luck. I next installed OSX10.2.3 on a parition w/ no OS and when it seemed to be installed, the computer restarted and went to a similar screen w/ just a blank box. It failed when I tried OSX 10.2.4 install, too. Unfortunately, I don't have Tiger discs to back up from. After I successfully booted with both the zip and DVR unconnected, I tried to rule out some components and attempted several configurations. I did get it to boot from my hard drive a one point with the zip completely unhooked, even burnt a disc w/ the new burner, but I shut down and now I'm unable to get it to boot - restart message even after I hold down the option key and choose specific OS to boot from. I would love troubleshooting tips and any prognosis' that the symptoms may suggest to you. Would it be OK to unlug the excess harddrives (theres two on an ATA controller card) so my power supply is less burdened ? How hard is it to replace the interface cable? Diagnostic software I can download available?
    ...Reward the Long Day's Toil

Hello,

have u set the jumper on the Pioneer to Master and the ZIP to Slave?

If not do it please! And try again for burning support could be you'll need to patch the biuld in driver using PatchBurn.

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

Default Trading Up or Rebuild or...

Thanks for that reply. The ol' G4 just ain't what she used to be. I let it set powered off all day and I am writing this post on it now. They're hooked up now, but won't hurt to check the settings. I will compare the settings/bridges /whatevers on the Pioneer's - the zip hasn't been manipulated to my knowledge. I suspect that something is begining to fail or maybe static is the gremlin. Just hope to obtain or share insight unless someone is selling a faster Mac.
    ...Reward the Long Day's Toil