Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vista

Lightbulb 64-bit consumer versions

Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista
    Installation choices for 64-bit Vista

Problems installing and running 64-bit with some BIOS
    Vista 64-bit with 4 GB RAM installed - Microsoft forums

Last edited by TZ; 08-17-2007 at 04:11 AM.

Lightbulb 10 Tips and Tutorials

10 Tips and Tutorials for Vista

1. What to do when Windows defragment tool hangs or takes forever

2. Get video wallpapers (Dreamscene Effect) without getting Vista Ultimate

3. Create icons without text 

4. Disable useless services from a list of every Vista service that ever existed

We also have a list of our own that orders the services in a different manner.

5. How to build a powerful and cheap Vista PC (around $500)

6. How to triple boot (XP, Vista, Ubuntu)

7. Resize your Windows partition for free

8. Perform a clean install with a Vista Upgrade disk

9. Why 4GB of RAM won’t work with Vista (32-bit users)
Find out why you should hold back your wallet before going out to buy 4GBs of RAM.

10. Convert web widgets, videos, and games into Sidebar gadgets

Honourable Mentions:

Use your iPod as a password key

Why Vista uses all your memory

Control the volume of your applications individually

In Vista, you can easily control the volume of one application separately from another application from your system tray.

Lightbulb Tunneling Protocol

Vista's Use of Tunneling Protocol

DATE: 16-MAR-2007
    Lisa Vaas

Updated: Security company Symantec says new research supports fears that Vista's use of the IP tunneling protocol Teredo is potentially insecure.

Security company Symantec says new research supports fears that Windows Vista's use of the IP tunneling protocol Teredo is potentially insecure.Microsoft is using Teredo to enable a transition from IPv4, which is the traditional version of the network layer protocol for packet-switched networks now used as the Internet's background, to IPv6, an updated protocol whose biggest benefit is the exponential increase it will bring in the number of IP addresses available for networked devices.

Lightbulb Teredo and Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection

Symantec, based in Cupertino, Calif., first brought up concerns about Teredo in November 2006. As the company points out in its latest report,
    "Windows Vista Network Attack Surface Analysis" (PDF),

Microsoft rewrote the network stack from the ground up in Vista. By doing so, Symantec said, Microsoft has "removed a large body of tested code and replaced it with newly written code, possibly introducing new corner cases and defects."

Oliver Friedrichs, a director at Symantec Security Response, said the introduction of Teredo — one of those newly written, potentially buggy pieces of code — has "a number of security implications."

"Many firewalls and intrusion detection systems are not Teredo-aware," Friedrichs said in an interview with eWEEK. "They're not familiar with the protocol or how to decapsulate the protocol. That means, for one, when we're talking about a firewall, Teredo may allow attacks to circumvent or bypass the firewall."
    Friedrichs said Teredo also presents a problem in that IDSes (intrusion detection systems) are "generally good" at looking at TCP and UDP (User Datagram Protocol) traffic, which are the traditional protocols that transport Web and e-mail requests.

If attacks on a system are tunneled, however, they'll be invisible to IDSes, he said. "Any security device needs to be aware of Teredo in order to look into it and analyze traffic traveling over it," Friedrichs said. "For enterprises, this presents, obviously, a serious concern.

Attackers can, for one, tunnel through perimeter devices without being seen and tunnel attacks over [Teredo] without being seen by perimeter devices." Such perimeter devices include firewalls and routers, such as those from Linksys, he said.

"The firewall is traditionally there to filter traffic, but with Teredo it's rendered in many cases ineffective," he said.

Lightbulb Kaspersky: Vista less secure than XP

Kaspersky says Vista is less secure than XP
    by Cyril Kowaliski - 11:10 am, March 19, 2007
    Anti-virus software vendor Kaspersky has expressed concerns about the security mechanisms built into Windows Vista.

According to ZDNet, the firm says Vista's User Account Control system, which asks for confirmation whenever users change system settings or install new programs, is so annoying that users will disable it. And with UAC disabled, the firm says Vista is less secure than Windows XP.

Worse yet, Kaspersky chief executive Natalya Kaspersky told ZDNet that her analysts have already found five ways in which malware could bypass UAC.

It's not just UAC Kaspersky is unhappy about, though. The firm also complains that PatchGuard, Vista's security system that prevents software from modifying the operating system kernel, is a hindrance to third-party security software.

Lightbulb Adobe CS3 for Windows Vista only?

PC Inpact

With millions of consumers, Adobe owns a real power in its field but also on the entire IT market. Apple faced it as most Mac users relying on Adobe solutions have delayed the purchase of a Mac Pro till Adobe releases native MacIntel or Universal binaries versions of its blockbusters applications?

Some analysts predict that Apple will experience a massive request for Pro hardware models when the native CS3 will be released, but it is still not clear if it will compensate the currently lower than expected sales of Mac Pro.

Adobe is also going to pressure Microsoft.
    Indeed, it has officially announced that Vista compatibility and support will be available only via update to be released by mid 2007, but it will not apply for all applications. New version of Adobe key applications are being developed, and will then be Vista compatible. hereafter is an example of such details:
    Will Adobe update currently available products to support Windows Vista?

Adobe has an extensive portfolio of products, each with different schedules for fully supporting Windows Vista. For example, Adobe has already released free updates to Adobe Photoshop Elements (version 5.0.2) and Adobe Premiere Elements (version 3.0.2) to deliver full compatibility with Windows Vista, and it currently plans to release a free update to Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8 in the first half of 2007 to support Windows Vista.

On the other hand, Adobe is already preparing to release the next versions of its professional creative products, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, and After Effects, in the Spring and Summer 2007 and does not plan to issue updates to current versions of those products for Windows Vista compatibility.

For more details, please see specific products sections in this FAQ.
    So to get the CS3, you will have to migrate to Vista and a more powerful hardware. In addition, Adobe Acrobat is not fully compatible with Office 2007, and a fix is not expected before mid-2007.

Is it a new step in the war between Adobe and Microsoft around the PDF format and its modified adoption by Microsoft in Office 2007?

Lightbulb

HP Dealing With Vista-Laser Questions; Some Headaches Remain

Vince Ferraro, HP's vice president of worldwide marketing for the HP LaserJet Business Unit, has been fielding questions and complaints regarding compatibility between Microsoft Vista and a number of HP laserjet printers and sportingly shares a number of them on his company blog. Many of the issues have been resolved with the emergence of HP's Universal Print Driver, but some are causing lingering issues.

Some of Ferraro's questions and answers:

Question: "Just wandering if anybody is having problem. I am trying to use the UPD 3.1 in Vista for HP LJ 4100 and 4050. (Have not tried anything else yet) Whenever I try to open the printer properties, it crashes Windows Explorer! I am able to open the printing preferences without a problem. Does anybody knows if this is a problem with the driver or my installation of Vista? FYI. I am using Vista Ent. Thanks. GT."

His answer: "This is a known issue and we're working with Microsoft on a fix."
    Question: "Has a driver been created to allow scanning as well? I have been able to print, but not scan on my HP LaserJet 3390. Any suggestions to solve this problem?"

His answer: "The HP Universal Print Driver is a printing solution. Scan drivers for the LaserJet 3390 shipped with the Vista operating system and provide basic scan functionality. A full scanning software solution will be available later this spring."

Question: "I do not see the HP 7410 printer on the list of printers supported by the new driver. The driver loaded by Vista for this printer provides only rudimentary functions, defective duplexing, and no support for fax or scanning that I can determine. I cannot understand why you do not have an appropriate driver since Vista has been available since 11/06."

His answer: "I'm sorry, but the HP Universial Print Driver does not currently support PCL 3 devices, such as the HP 7410."

Finally, Ferraro adds:

I know you're struggling with ramifications of adopting Windows Vista and hope I've answered your questions relative to HP LaserJet printers. Please feel free to comment back on your experiences in solving these problems for your LaserJet devices. . .
    And those aren't the only questions that have sprouted regarding HP printers in a Vista environment.
    And HP isn't the only vendor that has systems in the market where Vista compatibility issues have come up.

Lightbulb When Vista doesn't print

When Vista doesn't print

I installed Vista RTM immediately as it was available on the MSDN.
    That was quite a surprise for me as I thought that many months would pass before my first Vista installation. But alas, I had to write an article on Vista for Slovenian leading computing magazine Monitor and I just got completely new Vista-ready laptop which I could use for playground. (It got Windows XP Home preinstalled - yuck!)

Printer Problems on Vista x64
    Windows Vista Marred by Third-Party Driver Lack of Support

Lightbulb Deadline to secure Windows

White House issues deadlines to secure Windows

Government agencies have been instructed to implement a common secure configuration on their Windows XP and Vista systems to improve security and reliability

Federal agencies have until Feb 1, 2008 to implement a common secure configuration setting for all Windows XP and Vista systems based on standards from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and other organizations.

But they have less time, until May 1, to provide details to the White House Office of Management and Budget on how they plan to do so. The deadlines were set by de facto federal CIO Karen Evans in a memorandum to agency CIOs Tuesday.

Evans also wants all agency IT acquisitions after June 30 to use a common secure configuration that application software vendors have certified their products will work with.

Such stipulations are vital to improving security in the federal government, said Alan Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute, a security training company. The U.S. Air Force has already adopted a similar program under which it is using a common security configuration for Windows XP, Paller said.

The advantages of such standardization are enormous, he said, because common, secure configurations can help slow the spread of malware and make patching more efficient.

It also forces application vendors to pay more attention to security. "It comes just in time to impact application developers building applications for Windows Vista," he said. "No Vista application will be able to be sold to federal agencies if the application does not run on the secure version of Vista," he said.

The same is also true of Windows XP applications.

"The really cool thing here is that the federal government is going to use its buying power to ask anyone who wants to sell an application to make sure that it works on a secure standard configuration," he said. "It's the first time they are using their buying power in such a massive pro-security way."
    Last edited by TZ; 04-03-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Lightbulb Boot Camp 1.2

Boot Camp 1.2 beta released: Windows Vista support added, updated drivers

Apple has released Boot Camp 1.2 beta, a major update to the software that allows Intel-based Macs to boot into various versions of Microsoft Windows.

The new release includes significant functionality enhancements, including:
    • Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
    • Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
    • Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
    • A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
    • Improved keyboard support† for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
    • Improved Windows driver installation experience
    • Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
    • Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)
    Boot Camp 1.2 beta is available as a 138 MB standalone download.
    Apple has also posted a series of Knowledge Base articles related to the update, as follows:
    • #305281 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Mac may not transition from Standby to Hibernate in Windows XP
    • #305276 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Keyboard does not respond during Windows installation
    • #305275 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Windows XP (SP2) unable to connect to 802.11n wireless router or AirPort Extreme (802.11n) Base Station
    • #305156 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Installing Windows Vista on a a non-startup disk in a Mac Pro

Lightbulb Running Windows

Running Windows on Intel-based Macs A survey on what's available
    http://www.macwindows.com/winintelmac.html
    Last edited by TZ; 07-11-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Lightbulb

Problems with multiple drives?

I have installed the various versions of Vista on 56 various computers. On
    eight of those computers I have run into, and solved, this nasty boot
    problem. I have also assisted with this problem for a rather large handful
    of people who post here with a similar condition.

The problem concerns computers with the following configuration/condition:

1. A computer with multiple hard drives (any mix of S-ATA or PATA it
    turns out)

2. Any of the 2nd, or higher, drives has been setup as having a logical
    partition/partitions

3. The user installs Vista by booting from the DVD

When a drive is setup with a logical partition, 8 meg of unallocated space
    is reserved at the beginning of the drive.

The Vista installer, it appears, will start installing boot code to the
    unallocated space on a 2nd, 3rd or 4th drive. I have used a hex editor and
    have found this code there. This 8 meg of unallocated space is quickly
    filled and the installer places the remainder of the code on the disk chosen
    by the user for the Vista install.

The Vista install completes and the user removes the DVD. Upon startup, the
    user finds that Vista will not boot. Vista is looking for the boot code on
    the drive where the user had chosen to install Vista (system partition). It
    is not there. Part of it resides on another drive where it is not
    recognized.

If the user puts the DVD into the drive tray, Vista boots fine. Startup
    takes the code from the DVD.

This should not occur, but it is too late to change the code on the Vista
    DVD's at this point. The work around is to physically disconnect any drive
    that you do not want the Vista installer to touch. In this way, all of the
    code is written to the desired drive/partition.

Upon arriving at the Windows desktop, go to system management | Disk
    Management and change the drive letters for your CD drive, DVD drive, USB
    drives, card readers etc. to the end of the alphabet. This gets them out of
    the way prior to you shutting down the computer and reconnecting your other
    drives.

Now, shut down your computer and reconnect your drives. Upon booting to the
    desktop, you will see that the new drives are recognized and initialized.
    You will also see that the drive letters are in sequence, and not broken up
    by the various other drives (you previously moved them). You may be asked to
    reboot so the changes can be made permanent. Do so if directed.

The next time you boot to the desktop you can rearrange those re-lettered
    drives if you so desire.

Now, I am not certain how pervasive this problem is but I have seen it on
    old/new motherboards from 3 major M/B manufacturers. It is not, of course,
    going to affect those who purchase a new computer with Vista on it. It
    "will" affect those who upgrade or build their own computers, as these are
    the users who are more likely to have multiple drives installed in their
    machines.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
    Microsoft Windows Shell/User
    Vista Will Not Boot

Lightbulb What Direct3D 10 Is All About

What Direct3D 10 Is All About

Direct3D 10 has five key changes:
    1. Improved programmer expressiveness (Shader Model 4.0 and Geometry Shaders)
    2. Tight hardware specifications
    3. Improved performance (lower command cycle counts per frame)
    4. Unified instruction sets (HLSL 10)
    5. Stream I/O (Geometry Shader can write to memory)
    GeForce 8800: Here Comes the DX10 Boom
    Nvidia has been working with DX10 for as long as Microsoft has been developing the standard. Today, what we get is G80, otherwise known as GeForce 8800GTX.
    Unified DX10 shaders never looked better!
    Last edited by TZ; 04-03-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Lightbulb Must have books

It covers essential topics for administering Windows Vista, including installation and updates; desktop configuration and management; hardware and device driver configuration; wired and wireless networking; mobility and remote access; desktop, laptop, and data security; Internet security; offline files; disk quotas; shadow copies; and system troubleshooting. Featuring easy-to-scan tables, step-by-step instructions, and handy lists, this book offers the streamlined, straightforward information you need to solve problems and get the job donewhether youre at your desk or in the field!

Windows Vista(TM) Administrator's Pocket Consultant

Windows Vista Inside Out by Ed Bott

Lightbulb BootCamp 1.2 and Vista

305401 2007-04-30 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Remove LSI Logic 4GB Fibre Channel card before installing Microsoft Vista

305400 2007-04-30 Boot Camp Beta 1.2: Vista - "Problem caused by Advanced Configuration and Power Interface" appears during upgrade

305410 2007-04-27 How to find which version of Windows Vista is installed on your Windows PC

Lightbulb Raw Disk Scan rootkit

Symantec pitches rootkit tech as Veritas validation

Symantec's Raw Disk Scan rootkit search-and-remove app is an example of what kind of technology the Symantec-Veritas merger will bring forth.

Symantec Digest: Raw Disk Virus Scan

Disk Level Malware pdf
    The Evolution of Malicious IRC Bots pdf
    Rootkit Detection

A variety of security products can prevent a rootkit from gaining a foothold on a computer, including antivirus, anti-spyware and HIPS (host intrusion prevention system) products. Standard signature detection from antivirus and anti-spyware software still plays a key role in prevention. The great majority of malware uses binaries or code snippets of known rootkits, which means signatures and heuristics can spot variants of known rootkits before they hit the hard disk.

HIPS software also can provide a measure of detection. Rootkits are often bundled into the payload of an exploit, but if the HIPS stops the execution, the rootkit won't be installed. For more on HIPS, see "Probing Questions" at nwc.com/channels/security/showArticle.jhtml? articleID=193005679.

McAfee VirusScan 8.5 will include a kernel-based scanner that can scan kernel- or user-mode memory for known rootkits.

Microsoft also has included a security feature called Kernel Patch Protection, or Patch Guard, in the 64-bit versions of its Windows OS.

Patch Guard monitors the kernel and detects attempts by other code to intercept and modify kernel code. Microsoft says this feature is designed to help protect the OS from malware and from legitimate software that may destabilize the OS.

Lightbulb Trojan and Vista's UAC

Trojan horses could bypass Vista's UAC
    by Cyril Kowaliski May 17, 2007

A web application developer named Robert Paveza has found a rather interesting and potentially worrying "two-step process" that could allow malware to bypass Windows Vista's User Account Control, as eWeek reports.

The process is explained in detail in this PDF white paper, and it works as follows:

This vulnerability uses a two-step attack vector against a default installation of Windows Vista. Initially, a malicious software program can be downloaded and run without elevation, and this downloaded software program, called the proxy infection tool, can behave as expected while it sets up the secondlevel malicious payload. For instance, if users believe they are downloading a “Pac-Man” clone, such a game could be run while the malicious software did its work in the background).

Once the seemingly harmless software is up and running, it duplicates and replaces shortcuts to unsigned programs in the user's personal Start menu folder (as opposed to the universal Start menu folder, which cannot be modified without UAC elevation.) Then, the next time the user attempts to run a program whose shortcut has been modified, he is confronted with a seemingly normal UAC elevation window, and the duplicated shortcut runs both the intended program and a piece of malware of the virus writer's choice.

eWeek asked Microsoft for a response, and the company didn't seem too worried, pointing out that the aforementioned exploit does require a user to download a malicious executable in order to be infected with the initial Trojan horse—either through social engineering or some other means.

Lightbulb Partitioning

How to avoid using BootCamp to partition a drive and have custom partitions.

Clone your Mac to {external) drive.
    Save the BC drivers to CD, and to a folder
    (USB memory card or drive that is readable and FAT format)

Use Disk Utility to setup default partitions.

Example: Vista, Vista backup, FAT32, Mac OS X, Documents

Vista 64-bit Business uses 20GB right off the bat.
    So 40GB would seem like a minimum to start with.

Boot Windows DVD (Vista 64-bit for me)
    Format first outer partition for Vista (NTFS) 64GB
    Install Vista and update etc.
    Restore Mac OS to its partition
    Copy files to FAT32 you might need or want access to on a 3rd (FAT32) for sharing files.

WinClone is suppose to be an OS X cloning tool for Windows XP/Vista partitions. You'll want a Restore partition for Vista, either same drive or this can be external FW/USB or even eSATA.

Note:When I tried to install Vista on drives that had OS X I ran into trouble. And when I tried on a dedicated drive for each, I had to pull OS X or Vista would not format a drive or partition. So you may want to pull OS X drive(s).

(That may have been an issue because I was using 64-bit and BootCamp only supports up to 32-bit Vista so far too).

I created 3 partitions with Disk Utility and that wipes out all your existing partitions.

Disk Utility creates FAT32 partitions so you will need to convert one with Vista DVD installer. And you may need to reinstall Vista.

WinClone is said to work with 32-bit Vista by one or two people. Norton Ghost 12 costs but is suppose to be designed to help move to a new larger drive.

Vista 64-bit is what I use and know, and it doesn't like Mac OS X during the format and install.

I restored OS X from backup.

You can use SuperDuper and Disk Utility to clone to a physical volume, or to a sparse disk image for restore.

I used GUID partition table. That is the only "setting" I can think you are referring to.

There is a program, you'd need to research it first, "VolumeWorks?" that is suppose to be able to work with OS X to resize partitions. The company that makes it sells CopyCatX but then find out it doesn't support all versions of Vista (definitely not 64-bit).

Apple Disk Utility can't delete or alter partitions.

BC Assistant is just an application. Nothing more. Use it to burn a CD, to partition a drive (or not). And you can reinstall the application later if you need to.

Windows doesn't run under BootCamp. It runs native in its own partition. Or it can run in OS X under the control of VMware Fusion or Parallels. BootCamp drivers help patch the Windows OS and add support and functionality. And there it ends.

The only thing that I could imagine BootCamp doing would be, when it creates a Windows partition, to write a patch in the partition so that Windows is happy and thinks it is on a native Master Record Block and using a non-EFI BIOS in the case of XP or 32-bit Vista.

And for Vista 64-bit, no need to use BootCamp except for the drivers, not for creating a partition (on the boot drive OR on an alternate internal hard drive as in Mac Pro), because the NTFS partition isn't "accepted" by Vista for installation until it is reformatted (or delete and a new partition created).

MacIntouch: VMware Fusion 1.0 Review
    Last edited by TZ; 08-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Lightbulb

I don't recommend using this with 64-bit Vista.
    It doesn't work, does something to the EFI/GUID of your Vista boot partition that caused chkdsk to have to run. Ran for an inordinate amount of time with no output.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Okay, disclaimer out of the way.

Using WinClone to backup, move, or replace a partition or hard drive with Windows, including Vista and NTFS.
    http://www.twocanoes.com/winclone/

How to clone Windows
    http://www.twocanoes.com/winclone/details.html

Forums
    http://www.twocanoes.com/forums/

CopyCatX can backup fat32.

How To:

1. Backed up original Mac partition to a firewire drive using SuperDuper. (Winclone was already installed on the OS X partition)
    2. Used WinClone to create an Image of the BootCamp partition and put that on an external drive. (you could put it on the firewire drive if you have enough room). I put it on an old USB 20gb that I had laying around.
    3. Installed the new larger drive using the instructions found on iFixit
    4. Booted from the firewire - It told me it found a new hard drive and asked if I wanted to initialize it. I said yes and created a SINGLE partition using disk utility. (If you create multiple partitions, you can't use Bootcamp assistant.
    5. I restored the OS X partition using Super Duper
    6. I ran bootcamp assistant and it asked me if I wanted to create a PC partition. I said yes, created an NTFS partition. It then asked if I wanted to install windows now or later. I said later
    7. I booted off of the new HD and then restored the Bootcamp partition to the windows partition using bootcamp.
    8. Done! The only problems I had was that I had created multiple partitions the first time I initialized the new drive and that's how I found that BootCamp assistant wouldn't run.

Notice that I didn't use or need ANY original cdRoms! I went from an original 100gb (partitioned 68/32) to a new 250gv (partitioned 150/100). It's like having two computers with a TON of storage on each one.
    Last edited by TZ; 07-06-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Lightbulb Monitoring internal components

SpeedFan 4.32
    Copyright 2000-2007
    Alfredo Milani-Comparetti
    http://www.almico.com

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors fan speeds and temperatures in computers with a known monitoring chip. Its main feature is that it can control the speed of the fans according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing noise and power consumption.

SpeedFan can also access S.M.A.R.T. HD data and temperatures (if available).

How to setup: Use the installer and read the HELP FILE.

History:

4.32 - added a digitally signed 64 bit driver (fully tested under Vista 64 bit)

- added full support for INTEL CORE DUO internal temperature readings
    - added full support for Andigilog aSC7621
    - added full support for Fintek F71882F
    - added xAP support to publish temperatures and fan speeds
    - improved support for Fintek F71782F
    - improved support for IT8716F
    - renamed temperatures readings for MAX6640
    - improved compatibility with Intel D975XBX2
    - reduced AD7416 and AD7417 false detections
    - reduced MAX6650/6651 false detections
    - improved Intel SMBus routines

Product Description:

SiSoftware Sandra (the System Analyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.

It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, ODBC Connections, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc. The Win32 version is 32-bit and comes in both ANSI (legacy for Windows 98/Me systems) and native Unicode (Windows 2000/XP/2003) formats. The Win64 version is 64-bit and comes in native Unicode format.

Features include:
    • 58 total Information, Benchmarking, Listing &
    • Testing/Diagnostic Modules.
    • Multi-threaded Wizards for all tasks (e.g. Create various reports).
    • Multi-processor designed (multi-threaded) benchmarks - up to 64 CPUs.
    • Full 32-bit code; uses Windows 2000/XP extensions (32-bit Sandra).
    • Native Windows 2000/XP format (UNICODE Sandra).
    • Full 64-bit code; uses Windows 2003 extensions (64-bit Sandra).
    • Still get information on the 16-bit subsystem (ANSI Sandra).
    • Plug-and-Play support.
    • DMI/SMBIOS support.
    Product Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/2003

Input Remapper - works with Mac Pro fans and Vista 64-bit to control fan speeds, and lets you set the rpms.
    Now, THAT is quite an accomplishment!
    Last edited by TZ; 10-21-2007 at 06:15 AM.