Thread: Mem. Question 15inch PwrBook G4

Default Mem. Question 15inch PwrBook G4

Hey,
    I have a 15 inch Powerbook G4 1.67 Ghz with 512 MB DDR SDRAM

would this be the correct memory if i wanted to upgrade my mem to 1.5 Gigs? I know it says for 17 inch, but I do not see one for 15 inch....
    Thanks in advance

G4 - Macs, iMacs, eMacs and PowerBooks
    2005 PowerBook
    PC4200 SO-DIMM DDR2
    17 inch 1.67 GHz
    Note: 12 inch 1.5 GHz uses PC2700

1GB PC4200 533MHz DDR2 200 pin DIMM non-ECC 1GDDR4200SO $138.00
    Fall 2005 PowerBooks

Only the very last model 15 inch with the Double Layer Super Drive used PC4200. But yes, if you have that very last model with 1.67 Ghz processor you would use the RAM you indicated. My apologies for the mis statement on the RAM page. You caught it, good job.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Yeah, I think this was the last Powerbook before the Intel line was introduced.

Do you have any other tips to upgrade my computer?

Thanks again.

Only 2 things really. Bump the ram and speed up storage. If you are not mobile most of the time then a full size hard drive, either Firewire or SATA connected, will speed up things enormously. If you are mobile all the time then a 7200 RPM Momentus drive can help quite a little bit. There really isn't much else.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin