Thread: "could not find location of the swap disk"

Smile "could not find location of the swap disk"

Hi there--
    I've had an odd little error message for a long time and would love any thoughts on what it might mean.

When I run Applejack, it starts out saying it can't find the location of the swap directory (or disk---I can't remember now, but I can run it again and report back with exact language) and asks me if I want to use a default location. I always tell it to do that, and then it runs through the program. However, there seem to be a lot of "Command not found" errors after that too, although it appears to complete the program just fine and then I reboot with no ill effect.

I've done a lot of internet searching on this and found nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm running it on a 1.25 DP MDD G4 that's running 10.2.8.
    Thanks!
    MJ
    P.S. For those of you who were in on helping with my recent SATA/FW external drive purchase, it's connected and just HUMMING along! And I have lots of HD space now---love it!

Are you sure your system is healthy? using the latest version of applejack that supports Jaguar? (I classify Jaguar as beta - your G4 would run better with 10.4.8).

I never use auto mode. No harm, never seen or heard of problems much with applejack, definitely not this one.

From Finder use Go command (command shift g) :

/private/var/ (at least in Tiger - no idea where swap files are in Jaguar).

Repair permissions. Rerun the 10.2.8 combo update. Or get a copy of 10.4.6.