Thread: Latency, raptor, seritek???

Default Latency, raptor, seritek???

I did not think it was an issue but then I started thinking this should not be happening. What you ask?

I installed the firmtek/seritek v2+2 card and 74gb raptor. Only item are sys and apps and users are on different ata drive. Symlink seems to be working I think.

Problem. When I go to open an application, there is a pause/delay, sounds like the raptor is coming up to speed, beachball spins and then the application loads. It is not normal as I have a laptop and friends desktops to compare to.

Also, when starting up the old drive opens up referencing a folder called resources. I check the startup disk and it is correctly referring to the raptor.

Is something going on that I am not aware of or any way to troubleshoot or correct the delay? I am a relative novice and basically just following advice I get here.

Thanks

Howdy,

Sounds like the drive was sleeping. Check your Sytsem Preference/Energy Saver settings. Is the box at the bottom "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible." checked?
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin