Thread: SeriTek/2SES2-E and Mac Pro

Default SeriTek/2SES2-E and Mac Pro

Installed two of the PCI Express cards in slot 4 and 3, and then in 2 and 3, to run the Seritek 4 bay drive, but the cards nor drives show up in System Profiler. They do show up as Unknown Other Mass Storage Controller in the Expansion Slot Utility, running as 1X. Any ideas?

I did have the Drive unit working fine in a G4 with the SeriTek external 4 port PCI card.

Ideas?

Lightbulb

Did you install the drivers? I don't have one but there is something on the CD you need to install. And, did you use the Expansion Slot Utility to set the number of lanes and configuration?

If it didn't come up on its own, you can just copy it somewhere handy.

System/Library/CoreServices

1x or 4x. Does Firmtek recommend which to use?

I got a quick email back from FirmTek (on a Saturday; gotta love them) and they sent me the drivers and firmware to flash. Things are running smoothly.

One question; recently on the forum it was mentioned that the new Hitachi 400GB won't work well with Seritek's 4 port card. Is this the case with their 2 port PCI-Express card as well? Recently I had a 400 Hitachi hooked up to their four port card to a G4 MDD and it worked fine. What's the official word?

I did email them about the lanes and speed, but haven't heard back from them. Currently I have both slots set to 1x.

ex-Cupertino, CA, USA. Now HU+SRB (Europe).

Default "official word"

- would be very surprised if the 2SE2-E with 5.2.0 firmware won't work. It works now with PortMultiplier, all Seagate drives (including the somewhat problematic discontinued firmware 2.AEA), SSC off, SSC on. Same with Hitachi 400 GB SATA-1 drives.

- 5.2.0 is actually bootable. It boots for instance from the Port Multiplier. In the fact, this is industry's first card which supports an OS booting from Port Multiplier. Under Windows or DOS I am not aware, there is a card which boots Port Multiplier. Luckily, "this" OS is MacOS-X. The card also has "Turbo Boot" feature. Will migrate to "Turbo Boot" slowly over all past products and in the future it will be standard.

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/am.../firmtek/2se2e

(was actually turbo-booting since 5.1.6 but it was kept it low-profile because the entire OF driver had to be re-written from the scratch, so it needed some time to mature)

- There are some candies for PC/Bootcamp users. And it works with MacPro, of course.