Thread: PC emulator? iBook to Razor cell (Alltel)

Default PC emulator? iBook to Razor cell (Alltel)

I'm trying to connect my Razor cell phone (Alltel) to my 14" iBook G4/1.2, OS X.3.9. I bought the data connect kit with cable and also a bluetooth module. Now I'm told I need a PC emulator to be able to use the necessary software. I use to have a copy of virtual PC but never had a use for it (until now) so I gave it away. Alltel tech says an emulator for windoze 2000 would be good enough and I should be able to find one either share or freeware but I haven't had much luck.
    Next I hear that the next Apple OS, I forget the name will include an emulator but I'm guessing that wont include my iBook but only the new Macs ??
    Any help would be welcome
    Ken

mac-in-tosh,
    I'm not familiar with the Razr, but I have an Alltel-badged Motorola V710, which everyone said was "crippled" and would not sync with Macs...I eventually got it to at least sync via iSync (using Bluetooth) by changing some files deep in iSync (Address book and iCal), but to transfer files (MP3, pictures), one has to use the miniSD card and a card-reader on the Mac (works just great, I can set my ringtones to any MP3 I want, wallpaper of my choosing, etc.)
    If that's what you want to do, I think I can remember what I did and let you know; if you're intent on using the Motorola software, though, that's out of my league....

Thanks for the reply TerryR,
    Actually I could care less about rings tones and syncing my phone, lol... I simple want to be able to connect my iBook to the internet via my razor. I bought the new Virtual PC and it drags my Mac to the depts of hell. It's worse than a 33mhz processor. I like to travel and simple want to be able to connect to the internet without buying a pc or a new Mac.
    Thanks!
    Ken

Default I think I know what you need...

I use the D-Link DBT-120 (Bluetooth dongle).

It allows perfect communication btw the Internet and a Cingular Cell phone (attached to an iBook 14"). This is with 10.4.9

Would that solve your problem?
    MacBook Pro Uni 2.4GHz with express card slot

iMac G5

mac-in-tosh,
    Ah! Well, the internet-connection over Bluetooth - in Tiger - is fairly seamless: when I pair up the phone with the computer, it automatically asks me if I want to set up such a connection (which I don't, because it's a desktop). But as far as 10.3.9 is concerned, I can't remember...sorry. (I do still have 10.3.9 in the office - using a Difusi dongle - and I can experiment next time I'm there.....couple of days?)
    If I find out anything noteworthy, I'll post.