Thread: Kingston PCI Ethernet cards

Default Kingston PCI Ethernet cards

I have a pair of Kingston PCI ethernet cards model (KNE100TX) Just wondering would these produce higher transfer rates than the in built Ethernet port on a blue & white G3.

Considering they both have the same 10/100 rating which would would be faster?

Apple usually has pretty good NICs, so I doubt the PCI model would give you much (if any) speed boost.

Make sure they have drivers to work with a Mac. In the past, only a few companies made Mac NICs. I should say, made NICs and supplied drivers for Macs. I have used several different Netopia models over the years, but there have been others, including a few from OrangeMicro,Linksys, Dlink as I recall.

I did a quick check and could not find any OS X drivers for Kingston NICs.

If you don't have any luck, I may have a couple surplus Mac Netopia models. Give me a shout if you are interested, though I don't think you would see a speed increase.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

thought as much, besides the internal 100mhz bus of the inbuilt should perform better against the 33MHZ PCI bus shouldn't it?