Thread: Photoshop 7.01 & Photoshop Elements 2.0 problems

Default Photoshop 7.01 & Photoshop Elements 2.0 problems

I am running a Mac G4 with operating system to 10.4.7.

I have been using Adobes Photoshop 7.0.1 and than Adobes Photoshop Elements 2.0 programs to import slides. Both worked for a period of time and than after several weeks both Adobe programs will not open with the same error problem.

When trying to open the program it locks up indicating

No personal information is being transmitted.
    An error occurred while attempting to download a file from Adobe Online web server. The request was not understood by the server.
    http #400-Bad Request.

I tried to reinstall software and still come up with the same problem. I did shut down my Norton antivirus software and firewall program when reinstalling and trying to run the software and still get the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Vince

I would try trashing the preference files first. ~user/Library/Adobe/Photoshop and /Elements. Then open preferences in both applications and make sure auto update is set to manual update.

Default Solution found

I found another soution that might help others that have a future problem like this. Have Elements or Photoshop closed, and then disconnect computer from the Internet. Once that's done, launch Elements or Photoshop and go to Preferences to set the update preference for Adobe Online to Never. Now reconnect, and start programs.