Thread: Old Question re Os 9 and Toast

Default Old Question re Os 9 and Toast

Hello all, Recently, My G4 running OS9.2 stopped seeing / recognize my External CD FW burner using Toast 5.2.
    I am sure this is an extension conflict but do not remember which to turn on and off.
    The LaCie Teac FW burner shows up in ASP, and works fine using Apple Disk Burner.
    Just not reconized by Toast...like I mentioned, an extension conflict.
    I just do not remember the solution...
    Dave

I never used Toast 5, but I remember that there was a problem with the Toast reader ext. in 4.1.2.

I believe the Toast extensions, and Iomega extension sometimes didn't like each other either.

Back when the 8600 was my primary Mac I used Intech drivers for all my drives. Problem solved. I never used a FW burner though just my trusty Plextor SCSI.

Confused

Thanks M.Brane,
    I do remember that there was a specific group of extensions that Toast installed, and some Mac extensions that needed to be disabled for Toast to run correctly.
    Seems you could not have Toast Firewire Authorization and Mac Firewire Authorization, in your extension folder at the same time, and some other extensions with the same type of conflicts.
    I can probably figure it out, but am hoping somebody will remember the details and save me some headaches.
    I'll try disabling the Iomega extensions, but that is not the issue as I recall.
    I had the internal Zip drive running fine with the the external CD burner using Toast with no issues for over a year.
    Thanks ,
    David

Thumbs up

Well I figured it out... I think.
    Yes it was an extension conflict,
    Firewire authoring support and usb authoring,
    disabled those and the external recorder is recognized again under Toast.
    Thanks,
    David