Thread: last call before the shredder

Default last call before the shredder

I have approx 20 of the Apple IIgs OS disks, Operating system, tools disk and tour disk. $5.00 per 3disk set plus shipping

Also the IIgs 5.0 upgrade set. includes manuals and install disks plus Apple works 1.1 all in the original box. $22.50 shipped

And Appleshare file server software ver 2.0. It has all the documention, manuals and install disks $22.50 shipped

And approx 25 or 30 of the G4 install/restore Cds. they have OS 9.0 on the install disk. (2 CDs per set) $5.00 per set plus shipping.

All shipping from 76086. As I am doing a major clean out anything not sold will go to the shredder as I no longer have room for it.

Get it while its still available cause on Monday the 24th it will shredded plastic and paper. TIA

Hello,

I am interested in the Apple Share Server (I guess it is Apple share IP?) and one of those G4 install CD sets (this is OSX install plus the restore CDs right?).

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

Default file server and OS CDs

Hello Nicolas,

I have never used apple file server so I could not say honestly that it uses Apple IP. I would assume it does or it can be used in conjunction with Apple IP. As to the CDs they are OS 9.0. however I do have a few extra OS X Cds, Ver 10.0.1 if I remember right. I can toss it in with the OS 9 Cds.

I see you are in Germany. Where At??.
    Let me know...... Wally G.

Quote Originally Posted by macollector
    Hello Nicolas,

I have never used apple file server so I could not say honestly that it uses Apple IP. I would assume it does or it can be used in conjunction with Apple IP. As to the CDs they are OS 9.0. however I do have a few extra OS X Cds, Ver 10.0.1 if I remember right. I can toss it in with the OS 9 Cds.

I see you are in Germany. Where At??.
    Let me know...... Wally G.
    Thx for your reply!

If it is Appleshare IP it is mentioned on the box/CD.
    Older versions are not OSX compatible or they have a 2GB limit due to HFS.

Do you have a complete set of CDs from an G4 MDD (2 install CDs and one restore if I remember well)?

Regards

Nicolas
    Custom Configurations! Rad Hacks and Mods!

Arrow g4 = power mac or powerbook or all?

approx 25 or 30 of the G4 install/restore Cds. they have OS 9.0 on the install disk. (2 CDs per set) $5.00 per set plus shipping
    Any of these for PowerBook G4 or are they all PowerMac? I'm Looking for a set of disks for my PowerBook G4 12" 1GHz including Installer, Restore, and Apple Hardware Test.

thanks.
    haiku:
    I can't remember
    the last time I restarted
    I love OS X

Default OS Cds

Hi Nicolas,

Ok let me check thru my collection. I have quite a few of the OEM software bundels so I will need to run the CD numbers to find out which G4 they are for. I got box one time that had close to 70 or 80 OEM sets in it plus a lot of the sets had been raided so not all were complete.

Those that were full sets sold like hotcakes on e-bay. Anyway as I said let me check the Cd numbers so I know which G4 they are for. I'll get back with you soon..........

Default Powerbook G4 OS Cds

Hi Ricercar,

Let me check thru my collection of OEM software. I do have some G4 powerbook stuff. I think I have either a complete or almost complete set for the G4 powerbook.

However let me check Cd numbers so I will be sure as to weather I have the right ones. I'll get back to you soonest..........

Default OEM Cds

Hi Ricercar,

Ok I found all of my OEM Cds. I have run the numbers on the CDs and come up blank for the G4 powerbook. I have two sets for different G4 powerbooks one has the Hardware test CD with the other software. so heres the deal. I'll send you the numbers for each set and maybe you can have better luck than I in trying to find them, and yes I did search apples database. OK first set of numbers and this set has the hardware test CD
    1. software install CD 691-2635-A
    2. software restore CD 691-2634-A
    3. apple hardware test CD 691-2558-A
    These Cds have OS 9.0.4 on them and are for a powerbook.

OK next set for Powerbook G4.
    1. software install CD 691-3102-A
    2. software restore CD 691-3079-A (disk 1)
    3. software restore CD 691-3080-A (disk 2)
    3. software restore CD 691-3081-A (disk 3)
    There is no hardware test CD in the second set however it has OS 9.1 and the restore cd seems to have OS 10.0.3 and OS 9.1

hope this helps you

Default OEM Cds

Hi Nicolas,

OK I went thru my OEM Cd collection and there is not much to show. I ran the numbers on the CD and came up blank and that was even checking Apples database. What I can do is send you the numbers I have on what I believe to be a set of the OEM Cds for your Mac,

1. Powermac G4 install CD 691-2999-A OS ver 9.1
    2. Powermac G4 install CD 691-2739-A OS ver 9.0

I have several of the OS X 10.0.3 install CDs. These CDs came in all the early G4 OEM software bundels. The only other OS X CD I have is a DVD for the iMac and it is ver 10.2.3.

you might try running the numbers I sent and see if you can come up with the G4 they are for as I have had no luck at all

Default Do those G4 restore/hardware test discs still exist?

Just saw the post, here in October. Did those discs make it to the shredder yet - or are they available to rescue?
    Thanks

Default G4 CDs

Hello,

They are on the list to go but have not made it yet. What disks do you need??. As these are OEM CDs they are machine spcific. Let me know what model machine you have and I can look them up for you.

Thanks
    Wally G.

Default G4 CDs

I'm looking for a G4 Hardware test CD for a Digital Audio, if you have one.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by macollector
    Hi Ricercar,

OK first set of numbers and this set has the hardware test CD
    1. software install CD 691-2635-A
    2. software restore CD 691-2634-A
    3. apple hardware test CD 691-2558-A
    These Cds have OS 9.0.4 on them and are for a powerbook.

OK next set for Powerbook G4.
    1. software install CD 691-3102-A
    2. software restore CD 691-3079-A (disk 1)
    3. software restore CD 691-3080-A (disk 2)
    3. software restore CD 691-3081-A (disk 3)
    Oh man o man. Never saw your follow up for some reason.
    I want both PowerBook G4 sets please. At $5 per set, I'm ready to gamble!

Shipping to 94089, and am ready with Paypal or checkbook, standing by. Fastest contact is mgadziko (shift two) gmail, but I'll come back here Monday to see if you've responded in PM.
    haiku:
    I can't remember
    the last time I restarted
    I love OS X

Default G4 CDs

Hi,

OK I went back thru my CDs and in looking up the correct CDs for your G4 powerbook (1gigaherz machine) I believe yours is a G4 DVI 12" machine. According to the info I have been able to get on the CDs using their numbers. They are not compatable with your machine. your powerbook requires OS X install/restore CDs and the Hardware test CD is verison 2.0.5

I do not have anything close that. All my CDs cover the early G4s from the G4 sawtooth to the G4 Gigabit ethernet machines. I also looked at the G4 12" 867/1Gigahertz G4 powerbook and I do not have the correct software for that machine either.

I wish I had them, sorry
    Wally G.

Default G4, 733mhz, or G4, 867, G3 450 or G3 400

Those are my machines - any matches? Thanks !

Default AHT CDs

Hello,

I have checked my CDs and I am sorry to say I do not have anything that recent. The ones I have cover the G4s from the Sawtooth to the Gigabit machines. Apple made a change in the hardware test Cd and the ones I have will not work with the later machines.

I certinly wish I had the later ones. I may get a few at some point in time later on but as of right now not a one.
    Sorry
    Wally G.