Thread: MacBook Pro - quick opinion

Default MacBook Pro - quick opinion

Got one and overall I give it high marks. It's a 2Ghz with a 7200 rpm drive : )
    I used Apple's Migration tool and most things pretty much work. The challenges so far: airport reception is a little sketchy which concerns me and Apple Remote Desktop is totally broken. Other than that it's running pretty smooth. I like the MagSafe power connector and the screen is really bright.

-Vincent

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Congrats... I haven't even seen one yet..... Maybe I will head to the Apple Store this weekend
    Damien,

Question Question......

D'ja think one of these things will sync with a G5 PPC? (Intel Core Duo to PPC Dual Core) Thinking about one myself. Looked at the Apple store in Palo Alto. Like the man says, very bright.

CB
    It's a nice nose! I like it! It's chewy!!

Lightbulb Fastest Windows XP Notebook

Apple MacBook Pro 'Fastest Windows XP Notebook'
    Linked by Thom Holwerda on 2006-03-22 22:06:23 UTC
    http://www.osnews.com/topic.php?icon=14
    Want the fastest Windows XP Core Duo notebook? Then buy a Mac. According to benchmarks carried out by website GearLog, Apple's MacBook Pro running Windows XP is a better Adobe Photoshop rig than any other Core Duo laptop on the market. The site used a recently detailed technique that shoehorns the Microsoft operating system onto Intel-based Macs - a trick that last week won its formulators $13000 [EUR 10760] in prize money.
    OSNews
    Ars compares ThinkPad X60 Core Duo to Intel Macs

Installing Windows XP